Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About The Mock Papers...

• 18-02-2005 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

I was just wondering how many sets of exam papers are there in total?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Well, the Dublin Examining Board have two sets — so that schools in close vicinity to each other can have different papers. I don't believe Examcraft offer this service. As there are also companies who just deal in papers for practical subjects, it is impossible to give a general answer. Depends on the subject. If it's any help, the Dublin Examining Board (D.E.B.) is the most popular company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

There are also schools where the teachers themselves go to the bother of drawing up mock papers, and correct them themselves, at no charge to students, and for no payment.

Yes, that's also true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Thanks Shamrok!!!
    newgrange wrote:
    There are also schools where the teachers themselves go to the bother of drawing up mock papers, and correct them themselves, at no charge to students, and for no payment.

LOL - I seriously doubt any of my teachers will be doing that. Thanks again!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ennasta

hey do any of u know if the "educational company" (the people who make the past paper booklets) make mock papers? :)

• Advertisement

Ennasta wrote:
    hey do any of u know if the "educational company" (the people who make the past paper booklets) make mock papers? :)

No, Edco is one of a couple of companies who publish past papers. They don't have any link to companies producing mock papers, as far as I am aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Shamrok wrote:
    No, Edco is one of a couple of companies who publish past papers. They don't have any link to companies producing mock papers, as far as I am aware.

WHOO-HOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

EDCO are a publishing company. They publish school textbooks. Much like Folens, CJFallons, and many other ones. Past exam papers are published by these companies and they also take sample papers relevant to the year and stick them in there. They have nothing to do with writing up educational material, rather publishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

There are three companies which make papers, the two biggest are DEB and Examcraft which have been mentioned. And then there's Munster Examining Board which are new this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

Where can one get the old mock exam papers?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Where can one get the old mock exam papers?

Thanks.

Your teachers will have them.. Just ask could you get a copy of them..!

Advertisement