Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV tuner / XP-MCE Help needed please :)

Options
  • 18-02-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got a new Packard Bell ixtreme media 2301 with Media Centre 2005 on it.

It has a PCI tv tuner on it. So I connected an aerial lead to the Pc and then to the tuner box on the wall and it searches for a signal but doesn't find any.

BUT then when using a television and search for channels on the TV using the same tuner box on the wall, it finds them all.

I live in Ireland and I am aware that MCE doesnt recognise Ireland as an available region but I used the UK as the country and a Belfast postcode and it worked until it searched for a signal and nothing got detected.

Also, I asked in PC World when I bought it, if the tv tuner would pick up a VCR signal if I connected it to my VCR and they said it would but it doesnt detect that either.

I'm desperate for help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭40coats

You need to set your region to Ireland, if you choose UK it uses a predefined UK frequency table as the UK is a supported country. This will mean you won't have a guide but you can use the methods discussed in the other media PC thread to make one (I use the smartguide method, haven't tried the homemade frequency overide table method yet).

Advertisement