Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SO who got mercenaries today

Options
  • 18-02-2005 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

Got it liked it a lot, its a rare thing these days to get an honest to god blow everything to frag shoot em up

But this is very good

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Got it last week. Enjoyed it for a while but now I don't feel very compelled to play it. It has got quite repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Must pick it up tomorrow. Although my main dilemma is thus:

Xbox version or Ps2 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Xbox

I've heard there are framerate problems with the PS2 version.

Xbox it is. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I played the demo and wasn't overly gone on it. Seems like a pretty generic third person shooter, albeit with more freedom than usual. I might pick it up cheap second hand eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i have the ps2 version and it runs as smooth as a baby's arse...

anyway, great game but i know it'll get repetitive after a while. for now, i'll relish it though. i'd like to see the rockstar boys use the havok engine... it seems a lot better then renderware. but that's just me :)

I love it. Just finished the Clubs section.

It can be a bit repetitive, but all the same I haven't gotten tired of cluster bombing an area full of NK's, run in, gun them all down, beat some around the place, steal their helicopter and go on a big rampage.

Makes me want to do it in real life....uh, I mean in virtual real life that is...heh yeah, that'll do. They'll never see what's coming before it's too late...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Have only started playing it but like it so far. Though as with the GTA games find it hard to stay focussed on the missions, and wandering round looking for stuff to do

and Hey Spike, appreciating the Bloodrush line!

mise wrote:
    and Hey Spike, appreciating the Bloodrush line!

Heh, CC rule man! Been with them since they were Creative Controle with Battalicious, Triple Trouble etc. Odd thing happened today - was having an argument about the lyrics to A Minute's Silence, so I went up to some person in the street (looked like some sort of student, also looked like he liked Maiden or something), and asked him if he knew who CC/MJEX were....and he said yeah and apparently he was really into them. Funky.

As for Mercenaries, I've found one of the easiest ways to get the Deck of 52 people (only done it a few times as it isn't as much fun but it always works)
    Just steal one of the NK's scout helicopters, fly around the place (assuming you get the intel as to where they are) till you find one, and considering you'll be disguised as an NK, no one will fire at you. It's actually possible to land directly behind the guy you're after, within a few feet. Then just nab him and do whatnot.

It's more fun causing chaos first though...

Advertisement