Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What mobile can I buy where I can use an MP3 file as a ring tone?

Options
  • 18-02-2005 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭

I usuallybuy Nokia, but have been drawn to some of the clam shell like the Motorolla V300, but I would like a phone that I can download MP3 tracks to and use them as my ringtone as well?

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Snake ;)

Comments

The Motorola V300 can play MP3 files as ringtones, but only has 5.5MB memory so they need to be small ones with low bitrates.

The Nokia 6230 and 6630 have a memory card and can store a lot more data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Karsini wrote:
    The Motorola V300 can play MP3 files as ringtones, but only has 5.5MB memory so they need to be small ones with low bitrates.

The Nokia 6230 and 6630 have a memory card and can store a lot more data.

Ha ha ha........
    SAYS the "converted" Moto man!!!!
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

6630 can, But only in aac format...I think

Digiking.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The SE K700i plays mp3 tones. Only about 40mb capacity though (not expandable) but its a lovely phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

digiking wrote:
    6630 can, But only in aac format...I think
    The generic 6630 can have MP3 ring tones, it's only the 6630 from Vodafone that is limited to aac. They're trying to encourage you to buy their DRM'd, ridiculously priced ring tones from Vodafone Live! It's a simple matter converting your MP3 to aac, but you really shouldn't have to. I'm not at all happy with Vodafone disabling features on my phone that they don't like, it's a dangerous precedent.

• Advertisement

MrPinK wrote:
    The generic 6630 can have MP3 ring tones, it's only the 6630 from Vodafone that is limited to aac. They're trying to encourage you to buy their DRM'd, ridiculously priced ring tones from Vodafone Live! It's a simple matter converting your MP3 to aac, but you really shouldn't have to. I'm not at all happy with Vodafone disabling features on my phone that they don't like, it's a dangerous precedent.
    omg are you serious? Even my Moto V550 can do MP3 ringtones. To be honest I'm not very happy with the 6630 at all. I refuse to keep anything which contains DRM.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Just get a Sony Ericsson K700, 40MB of memory, but just encode your mp3s at 92kbps because you wont notice any audible difference no mater what the quality for a ringtone, excellent phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ive a nokia 6600 and have a 32mb memory card i have a ultra mp3 player on it with 5 songs but cant have them as ringtones anyone know if i can and how

Advertisement