Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from broadband

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Hagar wrote:
    Has anyone ever sucessfully appealled a banning?

I've lifted both forum and site bans on occasion.

One thing to note is that although there's nothing wrong in principle with taking your complaint to the Feedback forum when appealing a ban, most people who get their bans lifted do it by having a quiet word with the person who banned them via PM or whatever. Some people seem to think that posting on here will help them by getting the weight of public opinion behind them but public opinion is fickle and doesn't always carry much weight. The result is that people tend to only see the badly appealed bans on here and could come to the conclusion that nobody gets unbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

True, I've probably unbanned maybe 2 people who have posted on feedback. Maybe 20 or so who have just PM'd me and explained themselves.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I just read this thread for the first time. Lollers! What an entertaining 10 minutes that was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Faith wrote:
    I just read this thread for the first time. Lollers! What an entertaining 10 minutes that was :D

Ditto :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Giblet wrote:
    True, I've probably unbanned maybe 2 people who have posted on feedback. Maybe 20 or so who have just PM'd me and explained themselves.
    I usually unban people straight away who PM me to apologise and make me laugh in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I can't remember ever unbanning someone on appeal. I have reduced ban lenghts though. Few people contest it when I ban them though.

Advertisement