Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

As melon scratchers go, this one's a hunny doodle

• 19-02-2005 2:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Got a new hard drive coz d last one packed in. Installed fine. XP pro is up and running. installed my modem drivers, set up the net. Now when I log in I get a Network Connections window telling me: You (or a program) have requested information from www.phase7.org. Sometimes it says the micrisoft website. If I connect, even without an open webpage, my connection is jammed and always transferring data. Is this a virus? Using my laptop 2 connect now.
    Help much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Which program is using the internet connection? Do you have a firewall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Dunno what program is usin it. firewall was temporarily switched off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Are you running SP2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

If you have a firewall like ZoneAlarm you'll be able to see and control which programs are accessing the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Whats sp2? I've d firewall on now, but the line is still constantly jammed. I'll have to get that other firewall software burned and put it on d pc coz I cant do nothin online at d mo. It'll b thursday b4 I can do it tho so I'll post what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

sp2 = Service Pack 2 for XP.

Right-click My Computer | Properties. It will tell you there.

If not you'll need to run Windows Update and get it (good idea to run Update anyway)

Advertisement