Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Danger engine cover

Options
  • 19-02-2005 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

O.K. I finally did it. I have a classic car which I do most of the work on. Being tired of dealer routine service 460e and friendly garage service 245e. I set about the routine service of my daily car (bmw). I got all the parts and prepared to do battle. I opened the bonnet and nothing looked familiar. I pressed on. After 3 weeks of removing the plastic engine covers, I saw something familiar, wow an internal combustion engine! I was transported back to the eighties, servicing my crumby vehicles. It's all there oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter,pollen filters, brake bleed nipples,transmission drain plug,etc etc. Got friendly garage to reset service lights, and off we go. It's amazing how a piece of plastic had intimidated me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Well whatever about the covers on top, keep the bottom ones in place, they keep the engine and surrounds nice and clean of road dirt and debris.

Advertisement