Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Little Plastic Heroes & Villains of Heroclix

Options
  • 19-02-2005 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I know this is probably not the right board, but it concerns Marvel & DC characters so what the hell.

Have recently got very into playing Heroclix, the superhero/villain combat game from WizKids. I've never been a big fan of Warhammer type games before as I've always been put off by the excessive amount of rules involved. In any case, the worlds of Goblins, Wizards, Orcs etc, just don't float my boat.

The attraction of Heroclix for comic book fans lies, obviously enough, in the fact that you get to control li'l plastic representations of your favourite Marcel & DC boyos and girleens. There's just something undeniably fun about, for example, pitting the likes of Doc Doom & Annihilus, against the Fantastic Four.

Since getting into it I've picked up quite a few figs on ebay, in games shops etc, and have been looking forward to giving 'em a crack in open play. Problem is though that my principle opponent, the brother, has swanned off to Australia (to join the other 350,000 fellow Irish folk down under). Therefore, I now find myself all dressed up with nowhere to go, Heroclix wise!

I'm far too old, grumpy and antisocial to join the young fellers who hang out behind the scenes in games shops for a bit of competition. One, I'd feel a bit sad, and Two, I'd...em...feel a bit sad! Also, I've drawn a blank trying to get the girlfriend to show an interest.

Anyway, the long and the short of it is that if anyone out there over 20 (!) and living in the Limerick area is looking for the odd social (non-competitive) game of 'clix, please feel free to post here and we might be able to set something up. I'm sure there have got to be other 'mature' players (I'm 30) out there who find themselves in my predicament. And for any comic fans who haven't given the game a go I strongly recommend that you check it out. It's easy to learn and very enjoyable.

Well, that's my tuppence ha'penny. Now I just sit back and watch the tumbleweed drift by...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

maybe try posting on the games threads or the Rpg thread or seeing about
    one of the conventions.

Advertisement