Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekends action

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Did anyone seriously believe that Chelsea were going to win four trophies?

They just can’t score enough goals without Robben in the side, two top class strikers in the summer sales I think

Two 0-0 draws and win it on penalties against Barcelona is their only hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I wish I had your confidence but I don't see Newcastle winning this, particularly if Titus Bramble is playing.

Guess I should have had a bit more faith eh? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

Guess I should have had a bit more faith eh? :):)
    Bramble gets the MOTM award :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

he made no atepmt to stay up, as soon as the keeper came out he knew he was going down, there was a couple of defenders that would have been back by the time he got control again. Anyway i know its not in the rules (common sense is though) but there was no need to send cudicini off. It was 5 mins into injury time, it didnt help anyone. Good save by Johnson all the same. I'm going to start a "Johnson to get a game in goal V Barce " thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Stekelly wrote:
    Who are we talking bout now?

You've never heard of Kris Commons?

http://www.nottinghamforest.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/Profiles/0,,10308~18883,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Its all about belief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

great result for n'castle.

once again chelsea were really unlucky (ridiculously unlucky). but as ive said before they deserve it as theyve had their fair share of luck earlier in the season, it usually evens itself out and now lately it has been doing just that.

3subs at HT, murinho's fault, that was tempting fate, your asking for trouble. bridge, gallas, duff, cuidicini all picked up knocks and were hobbling about for a while, bridge of course went off. great news for barcelona of course, chelsea losing confidence and also players.

we'll see what their made of now. off to the nou camp, under pressure after a defeat and the thought of going out of 2 comps in 4days. murinho shaking souness' hand before the match had ended was showing off once again, looking for attention. for once murinho's tactics have backfired hugely and left him with a few injuries ahead of a massive week. quadrouple may be over but so too could a treble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

p.s. yay, Giggs Gallas Bridge all look injured
    Bridge has a supected broken ankle and i dont think how one could be happy at that :( (that type of coments are in bad taste)

Duff also looked like he is injured but we will see how bad hopefully its only a slight knock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Harry2001 wrote:

aah my bad, just re-read the original post, the auld eyes arent what they used to be, I missed the whole sentence bout commons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

smemon wrote:
    murinho shaking souness' hand before the match had ended was showing off once again, looking for attention. for once murinho's tactics have backfired hugely and left him with a few injuries ahead of a massive week. quadrouple may be over but so too could a treble.

so he knew he was on tv when he shook his hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

so he knew he was on tv when he shook his hand?

probably. when you do something like that its not too often sky miss it. making 3 subs at HT makes murinho look like a hero if chelsea come out and win it from 1-0 down. imo, thats only what he thought about.

he never thought about injuries or red cards which when youve 45mins to play on a cold, wintery day is a silly thing to do for any manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

smemon wrote:
    making 3 subs at HT makes murinho look like a hero if chelsea come out and win it from 1-0 down. imo, thats only what he thought about.
    Yes, it was nothing to do with trying to win the game, just trying to look like a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

smemon wrote:
    probably. when you do something like that its not too often sky miss it. making 3 subs at HT makes murinho look like a hero if chelsea come out and win it from 1-0 down. imo, thats only what he thought about.

he never thought about injuries or red cards which when youve 45mins to play on a cold, wintery day is a silly thing to do for any manager.

thats right smemon, he never thinks about the football, just what will make him look good on tv. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bramble i taught played brilliant stuff he is some hard tackler :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'm suprised nobody (including Tyler and Gray) mentioned it but as soon as Chelsea made 3 substitutions at h/t I thought of the Besiktas match. They were 2-0 down at half time and made their 3 subs before the second half, Gallas got injured but played on up front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Great result for Newcastle. I'd like to see them go on to win it.

When Liverpool got knocked out of the fa up nearly every Liverpool fan on boards was calling for Benitez's head saying it was a disgrace that he fielded such a weak them and he hadn't a clue what the fa cup was about. But imagine if Liverpool had progressed and played this weekend they'd probably have picked up a few more injuries to key players knowing their luck. I reckon he intentionally sacrificed any chance of progressing to the next round of the fa cup for the sake of having more time to prepare for the champions league game on Tuesday and next Sundays cc final against Chelsea.

Just my 2 cents.

Advertisement