Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iolbb modem/router probs

• 19-02-2005 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

guys i have the Prestige 623R-T1 which iol supplied to me for bb. the prob with it is that i can not access the config window anymore by typing 192.168.1.1 in either ie or firefox. i don't know why this is. when i press the reset switch it does nothing other than disconnect from the internet.
    it used to work fine a couple of months ago but then i had to press the reset switch to get it to go to the config window for a day or two and now it is like this.
    anybody know how i can fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

vishal wrote:
    guys i have the Prestige 623R-T1 which iol supplied to me for bb. the prob with it is that i can not access the config window anymore by typing 192.168.1.1 in either ie or firefox. i don't know why this is. when i press the reset switch it does nothing other than disconnect from the internet.
    it used to work fine a couple of months ago but then i had to press the reset switch to get it to go to the config window for a day or two and now it is like this.
    anybody know how i can fix this?

Mine works using port 79 as the config port, I assume that it's standard (but I can't remember any more :))

Try: "http://192.168.1.1:79"

Oh, did you recently change your network setup? Ie, are you sure it's still "192.168.1.1" and not "192.168.x.1", where "x" is any number that's not 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

that is strange. i tried 192.168.1.1:79 and it didn't work, then i tried 192.168.1.1:80 and it worked. before it was just 192.168.1.1. what has happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭walter

same to mine,i can not access my router in these fews days,i do not know the reason

i cannot access it now again. any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

I'd reset and enter your settings again

• Advertisement

like i said, when i press the reset button, it doesn't do anything now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Are you holding the reset button in for a few seconds?

You may of disabled remote managment from LAN or changed the default port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭JohnMorrissey

Yeh, you need to hold reset for about 10 secs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

vishal wrote:
    that is strange. i tried 192.168.1.1:79 and it didn't work, then i tried 192.168.1.1:80 and it worked. before it was just 192.168.1.1. what has happened?
    Port 80 is the HTTP port so when you go to www.google.com you connect to their port 80 which serves out a webpage to you using HTTP. At least that's what I think, I can't think of anything that uses port 79.

no i wasn't holding down for 10 seconds, will try later. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement