Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wow gamecard payments ?

• 19-02-2005 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

anyone know a shop that will be selling wow game cards in the tallaght area, I want to play so bad but this is the only way I can pay for it :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

as far as i know gamecards aren't being released until 4th march. i'm in same boat and i have to use someone elses cc to make an account until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

yep gamecards are only going to be available from the 4th of march if anyone does get a gamecard somewhere please update this thread and let us know where

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No release will be 4th march and will be sold in game as far as i know, maybe some more. It works out 13 euro for 2 months, no saving then from credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

how do these gamecards work, if i want to install it in an internet cafe how would i go about doing it? would i buy a copy for each machine, install it on each machine and set up an account for each machine, and then if i sell gamecards at the desk can people then use they're own account on any pc? and will all their information (awards, abilites game progress, whatever i don't play mmorpgs) be saved on like an online server instead of locally?

you see, we run justreboot cards on all the machines which means that anything saved on the machine won't be there once the pc is rebooted

Here is the deal. Blizzard will soon release CD keys on their websie, to save people buying the game. As you know wow does not require CD once installed, soyou will need one copy of the game then some cd keys. If i were you i would contact blizzard directly and see if you can arrange anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 CoolNitro

ok seams doh the game cards wont make it to us so has anyone got any ideas on how to pay for it without using a credit card or anyother way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 CoolNitro

my local game shop said something about one shot bank cards or something anyone got any info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

ebay will be flooded with game time cards in the weeks to come so i wouldnt worry

Who actually told you they wouldnt make it to ireland

Shin

Basiclt this is how they work. You buy a card in a shop or anything, then you just type in the code on the card into your account thing and it like tops up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Works exactly like credit for your mobile phone. Just in response to people saying that wont make it to Ireland. The day I bought my copies (3 dont laugh!) I was told Game on grafton were defo getting them in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

is there an actual time limit on the cards?? or is it monthly/weekly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

afaik they will last for 2 months. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Winters wrote:
    afaik they will last for 2 months. I could be wrong though.

100% correct.

Advertisement