Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just curious about the mocks...

Options
  • 19-02-2005 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering, there seem to be a lot of ppl asking for hints etc on Qs for the mocks. Why?

Ok if you don't do well it doesn't feel nice etc but is it not better cause might help you get motivated to study? Just wondering cause when I did my LC last year I was really glad I didn't know what was coming up so when I got my results I knew that if the real LC papers were fair I knew what to expect to some extent and I got used to all teh timing etc without knowing exactly what I was gonna write for specific Qs cause in real exam I had to think for a few minutes and stuff. Even when teachers gave clues or whatever they warned us first and gave it at the end of the class so anyone who didn't want to hear it could leave.

Anyways as I said I'm just curious, not trying to be all preachy. Good luck everyone who hasn't done theirs yet :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but sometimes if people get bad results they may lose confidence and give up altogether. I think sometimes it is better to have an idea of what is coming up so that you can work hard on that topic, understand it well. I dont' believe that actually getting the questions is good, its not you are only fooling yourself there. Having an idea of whats coming up though is good.
    The courses are very big, lots to learn, so if you could focus in a few topics properly and know them well rather than just learning everything lightly and getting little or no marks and coming out not knowing anything at all in the end.

Ok for the bright people, they dont need this, they can learn everything well. Just for the not so fortunate it may help to have an idea of whats coming up. You learn that for the pres..then it will give you more time to learn other topics for the actual real thing.

Well just my 0.02c, agree or disagree.

Webmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i very much agree with webmonkey -dont agree with gettin actual q's but gettin general topic areas to study well to take pressure off

Advertisement