Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Arctic Cooling Solution

Options
  • 19-02-2005 5:22pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good Arctic cooling Silencer and came across the:

ATI Silencer 4
    Application:
    ATI X800 (R420) Series

Recommended Retail Price (excl. VAT):
    33 USD / 28 EUR

ATI Silencer 5 (Rev. 2)
    Application:
    ATI X800 (R430) Series
    ATI X850 (R480) Series

Recommended Retail Price (excl. VAT):
    33 USD / 28 EUR

They are the exact same price - so whats the difference, Fan speed?

Also does anyone know of a good place in ireland to get them? (prefferably South - Munster Area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

One cools more cards then the other, this happens all the time with AC stuff, what's the prob :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

One cools more cards then the other, this happens all the time with AC stuff, what's the prob :confused:

well thats a bit obvious considering i've already stated that in the specs for both...

kinda looking for user inputs and where to get the ATI Silencer 5 (Rev. 2) in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Peats and Maplins (Dublin) stock AC stuff. Dunno if they have that model though.

I think what Offler meant was that there is no real difference except that one has a different fitting which is more generic, whereas one is more specific to a certain type of card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

If you are looking for your card slade_x, its the rev 4. Rev 5 are for the new cards. I wouldnt recommend buying them as the the layout for X800 (R430) and X850 may be different.
    Also be careful when you are installing those things not too put too much pressure eitherwise you might put too much pressure on the core or memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:
    Peats and Maplins (Dublin) stock AC stuff. Dunno if they have that model though.

I think what Offler meant was that there is no real difference except that one has a different fitting which is more generic, whereas one is more specific to a certain type of card.

Yep happened to me with one of the models for a 9600xt, it wont fit my card due to some capacitors in the way, suks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

[URL=http://]www.hitide.ie[/URL] stock the Arctic Cooling Nv Silencer range.

Delivered by SDS next day. Nice fella too.

Inqui

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

neokenzo wrote:
    If you are looking for your card slade_x, its the rev 4. Rev 5 are for the new cards. I wouldnt recommend buying them as the the layout for X800 (R430) and X850 may be different.
    Also be careful when you are installing those things not too put too much pressure eitherwise you might put too much pressure on the core or memory.

thanks for the heads up...

i have installed them before.. 1 on my geforce 3 ti 500 and the other on my 9700pro - of course i never use that cheap as thermal paste you get with them...

Advertisement