Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requirements for VoIP

Options
  • 19-02-2005 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

In terms of internet connection, what would be the minimum bandwidth requirements for stable reliable VoIP?
    How much of an impact does latency have?
    Is QoS more or less essential?

Some of my family have been forced to live away from their house for two years and are only now moving back in. During that time the two phone lines that they had were cancelled and disconnected.
    In trying to get a phone line reinstalled they’ve now been told by eircom that there are no more lines available in the area, and that they will have to wait for new lines to be brought in. Apart from the fact that eircom’s left hand doesn’t seem to know with its right hand is doing, neither one seems too bothered about getting it sorted any time soon.

So, we are looking at alternatives for voice and broadband net access.
    What I’m really wondering is, how suitable are IBBs and NTLs various products for VoIP usage for the likes of blueface?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

i've been using blueface with ibb Breeze and seems to work fine.

Advertisement