Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

NIS 2004 Problem

• 19-02-2005 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

After reading the sticky at the start of this forum, I was a slightly hesitant in posting this query. I hope this qualifies as being "on topic"! Here's my problem. My new computer arrived with Norton Internet Security 2004 installed. It's causing me serious grief in relation to sending emails from Outlook Express 6.0. Even though outgoing email scanning has been switched off in NIS, it's still scanning all of my outgoing mail. The main problem is that I don't actually know when my e-mail has been sent properly. Outlook indicates that the mail has been sent but Norton is still sending the mail. As I work off a dial-up connection this is causing serious problems. I've searched on the Symantec knowledgebase for help but I've had no joy. Hopefully someone can tell me if this is a bug in NIS, and if so, how it can be fixed? Just for the record all updates are current.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Better off posting this in the Windows forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

Better off posting this in the Windows forum.

Even though it's a Norton Security issue not a windows issue???

Advertisement