Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda GC and DS

Options
  • 19-02-2005 11:35pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mmmmm new zelda games....

http://ds.ign.com/articles/588/588917p1.html
    However, he did confirm two never-before-known facts about the project. "The next grand Zelda game, which follows chronologically after the Wind Waker
    The producer also noted that his work on the GBA-based Four Swords influenced the direction of the DS. "The gameplay ideas we came up with for Four Swords provided examples on what kind of games would be possible on the Nintendo DS and what kind of advantages the double-screen would enable. It was all theoretical, but today we realize it's a pity -- a real shame -- that we haven't created a demonstration of a real, great Zelda game for DS."

I will own a GC before the next zelda is out and ill be first in line for the DS version. Sounds like the DS zelda will have a load of COOP stuff, probably wont be able to get 100% without it. Cannt wait... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Damn Nintendo, how much must they taunt us with little snippets about the new Zelda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I want it NOW!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

aw crap: doesnt the fact that the new GC zelda is out in Japan late 2005 (i.e. Dec) mean that we can expect to get it say Feb 2419?

Aw bum! so mid 2006 for us then yeah? I am burning with anticipation for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Well there have been rumours of a planned worldwide release. And it's kind of ridiculous, seeing how Revolution will be just around the corner, and the game will bve underappraciated by people going to get an Xbox 2. It looks awesome, glad to hear it's not the Link from Ocarina of Time. I hope this game is fresh and original, though I kind of miss the toon-shaded style of TWW.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Well there have been rumours of a planned worldwide release

I really, really hope so, but looking at Nintendos track record of dealing with Europe in the past I'd be (pleasantly) surprised with a simultaneous worldwide release.

Still hopefully...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Oooh.... me want!

Wireless four swordsness would be fun. It would almost turn into a MMORPGesque game. Though with less role playing (ie very little) and more (lots!) adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Brerrabbit wrote:
    I really, really hope so, but looking at Nintendos track record of dealing with Europe in the past I'd be (pleasantly) surprised with a simultaneous worldwide release.

Still hopefully...
    Metroid Prime 2's release was worldwide, maybe nintendo are planning to release all their hard hitters on the same day everywhere.....or maybe it's just retro being more productive that nintendo's in house developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm 90% sure that there was a month or two between Metroid Prime 2 in the US and Europe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I thought it was a same day release, but they only got it 2 weeks earlier than us, that's a whole lot better than the usual 3 - 6 months wait for other games, but to be honest I don't think we'll be seeing the new Zelda by this time next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well metroid prime 2 didn't even have a PAL conversion. I wouldn't be angry if it was 60Hz only but got a worldwide release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Metroid Prime 2 was released first in North America, then in Europe 11 days later. I don't know if it has been released in Japan yet. Metroid games aren't very popular in Japan. The single player battling alone style games aren't popular in Japan.

Retr0gamer: Metroid Prime 2 was converted to PAL format. Otherwiuse you'd need a freeloader to play it. It just wasn't converted to 50 Hz mode. I can't really understand why not. I would have thought that one could have a programme to convert it from one format to another, hence making conversion very simple. Or I'm wrong.

For more info: [ur]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes[/url]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's more difficult than that. NTSC runs at a lower resolution and higher frame rate than PAL. PAL usually runs slower because of the resolution. It takes a long time to optomise the game to PAL from NTSC. Just look how long it takes Konami and Capcom to do 50Hz conversions. Since Metroid Prime 2 was in NTSC 60Hz mode there was no conversion needed except to add the region code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Nintendo may be taking a Minish Cap release into consideration. Though tranlsation would be a bit buggy like in TMC. Didn't Japan get TMC on Nov. 5th and we got it about a week later. Then the US got it 2 months later. I would really want a close release for each area, if not worldwide.

Advertisement