Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Graham Debate in Trinity

Options
  • 20-02-2005 12:10am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anybody heading in to this...?I would love to go but I will be out of town so I hope someone from hear is going and can fill me in next week.

I was just on his site and found this.

THE EMERALD ISLE: Next week I'll be broadcasting from Ireland! And I'm very excited about the visit--my first to the British Isles. I'll be travelling courtesty of NewsTalk 106 in Dublin, where I've been making regular appearances on "The Right Hook" with George Hook. The response has been phenomenal, so they've invited me over for a visit.

Apparently the reason for the reaction is that true, full-throated conservatism is rarely heard in European media that when I appear on the air defending President Bush and bashing the stuffing out of the Euroweenies, their government-licensed radios start melting. So they're bringing me to the Old Country in much the same spirit that American Indians were brought to London in the 17th Century: "Come see the strange, exotic creature from the colonies! Hear its strange words, observe its bizarre customs! It walks and talks like a man! Come see the freakish...RIGHT WING AMERICAN!"

Well, as they say on the Continent, "C'est la vie." My visit includes a debate at the Philosophical Society of Trinity College in Dublin, the oldest debating society in the world, at which I will be defending American conservatism and the Bush Doctrine. So, obviously, I'm going to be having a GREAT time!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Any other suggestions? Please send your ideas to mail@michaelgraham.com. Thanks!
    Stay in America, asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You are in good comapny suggestinh that. He asked for suggestion as to what he should do when he arrived at the airport, I think the most common suggestion was get on a flight home.

I have heard him on the right hook. At first I thought he was the radio equivilent of an Uber troll. But no, it would seem he is actually for real.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

dahamsta wrote:
    I heard him on Today Fm, and he was genuinely funny and well able to talk the talk. Of course, Dahamsta may not like him or his opinions, but like a typical leftie, would prefer to block his ears and tell him to go back to where he came from, in case anything he hears might ruin his well-massaged preconceptions of right v wrong, reality v myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Considering the response to my comment will probably be the usual "you're just a Dubya supporter", I'd better state also that I would never vote for Bush. Not a chance. But I do believe in the right of people to come and speak their mind on what they believe in. A right Dahamsta obviously doesn't support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

ReefBreak wrote:
    Considering the response to my comment will probably be the usual "you're just a Dubya supporter", I'd better state also that I would never vote for Bush. Not a chance. But I do believe in the right of people to come and speak their mind on what they believe in. A right Dahamsta obviously doesn't support.

This won't be a debate in any real sense of the word, it's will be the the usual O'Relly esque "SHUT UP SHUT" "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST". Trinity and UCD's debating society aren't looking for a geniune debate they're looking for a gerry springer show style spectacle only with big words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

ReefBreak wrote:
    Considering the response to my comment will probably be the usual "you're just a Dubya supporter"
    Not from me. I always get this look on my face (that none of you can see - it's always a half frown and sometimes a disappointed grunt with it) when I see people using the phrases "like a typical leftie" or "like a typical rightie" or equivalents. Ah sure, what can you do.

He can say what he wants ReefBreak, I'd just prefer if he did it in the land he loves and not infect our shores with his idiocy. (Bush supporters are idiots. QED.)

adam

(In reality I was actually having a little fun, I know very little about the man and couldn't care less if he comes here or not. "Typical righties" may have trouble with this concept, however, because they're all the same. Plus they very rarely read complete posts or small print, so you won't see this and will react in a predictable manner to my post above. I know this because I believe 100% in stereotyping, like yourself. Now to find a typical tree and typically hug it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

ReefBreak wrote:
    A right Dahamsta obviously doesn't support.
    That's not what he meant.
    mycroft wrote:
    This won't be a debate in any real sense of the word, it's will be the the usual O'Relly esque "SHUT UP SHUT" "AMERICA IS THE GREATEST". Trinity and UCD's debating society aren't looking for a geniune debate they're looking for a gerry springer show style spectacle only with big words.
    Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I regularly listen to him on The Right Hook, would be very keen to go see the debate with George Hook, if only for the possibility of Jerry Springeresque madness.

How easy is it to get tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

ReefBreak wrote:
    I'd better state also that I would never vote for Bush. Not a chance.
    But you do support Bush's wars and the resultant massacres?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Amz wrote:

How easy is it to get tickets?

Last week on The Right Hook they said send them an email and they will get you tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

dahamsta wrote:
    yeah, why bother letting anyone who disagrees with you into the country :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

any news on this...?

toiletduck wrote:
    yeah, why bother letting anyone who disagrees with you into the country
    Read the fine print, dumbass. Grow a sense of humour while you're at it.

Advertisement