Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Fire Hazard!!!!!read

Options
  • 20-02-2005 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

most xbox consoles bought before the 1st of jan 2004
    are a fire hazzard, there is some sort of prob.
    go to www.xbox.com they will send a cable to u r house that will fix the problem

also check out the xbox skins!! they cool, i am getting some posted to me
    just look up xbox skins in google!! :)

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Link

FAQ

There's a link from the first page above that'll let you know whether you need to order the free replacement cord or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

yes, shops are going mad about the whole thing! ah well once you dont leave it running on the bed or other insulated surface all day, you will be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ordered my replacement cable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

good lord... i've left my xbox on standy for months.... :eek: tbh not using it at all... :D well, ordered the cable!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Apparently about 30 people have reported fire damage (not a lot compared to the amount sold but it's a possibility) - 7 with hand burns and the rest with carpet burns (er, burns to the carpet) so given that the replacement is free, I reckon it's a good idea to order it if your console is in the risk category. Better safe than sorry as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

what if u have 4xbox's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

kensutz wrote:
    what if u have 4xbox's

if you read thru the xbox site, it says each affected xbox is entitled to one replacement cable... means 1 serial no for 1 new cable... that's why when you are ordering the replace it asks for a serial no... it also says if you require more cables, you should be in contact with microsoft directly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Try Looking for xbox skins in google !! genius

I orderd my xbox cable!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=361537

cheap ass PSUs are to blame, not the power cords. The replacement cord is just a protection if your PSU arks. So you will still have a busted xbox at the end of the day. M$ tossers

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I ordered min last week.

Anyone get their's yet, I came across this post of a guy who received his, it certainly looks a lot more heavy weight than the original cable.

To me it also looks like it has an RCD trip switch built into it, well i won't know for sure until mine arrives in the post in about 3-4 weeks time.

http://www.tacosntonic.com/mt/archives/2005/02/got_my_replacement_xbox_power_cord.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I got mine today and it is a standard 2 pin power cable, certainly not like the one pictured above.

The new cable is shorter than the one that came with my xbox and will not fit the socket in the position I have for the xbox :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Furp wrote:

To me it also looks like it has an RCD trip switch built into it, well i won't know for sure until mine arrives in the post in about 3-4 weeks time.

http://www.tacosntonic.com/mt/archives/2005/02/got_my_replacement_xbox_power_cord.php

Mine arrived today - it looks exactly like that, monster 'prtection' device.

But arrived promptly and no fuss

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

My new cord arrived this morning, great big RCD thingy, unfortunately MS must have forgot that we use 3 prong plugs here in Eire!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

My new cord arrived this morning, great big RCD thingy, unfortunately MS must have forgot that we use 3 prong pluse here in Eire!!!

yep got mine today, prompt no fuss but by god that box is big and heavy

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Got mine today, it has the big box in the middle the plug is three pin.

My xbox is almost 3 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i was got an xbox to mod today from a lad at work, i brought it home and couldn't get it to power up, after a bit of investigation i found the solder joints on the mains had melted off the power supplys circut board,with lots of black marks

I sorted it out but wished i took a picture before hand as and it was near burning point

guess thats what the new cable is all about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

dloob wrote:
    Got mine today, it has the big box in the middle the plug is three pin.

My xbox is almost 3 years old.

hmm just got an e-mail saying there sending me out another cable, but i already have it unless the replacement cable itself is faulty

shin

shinzon wrote:
    hmm just got an e-mail saying there sending me out another cable, but i already have it unless the replacement cable itself is faulty

shin
    yeah I got two of those yesterday, one in the morning and one in the evening, got the plug last week, guess it's wait and see time!! *wonder why I got a 2 pin and others are getting 3 pin*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

*wonder why I got a 2 pin and others are getting 3 pin*

Practical jokes at Microsoft :D

Practical jokes at Microsoft :D
    I guess, but the jokes' on them!! They had to send me out a replacment, and a LOT of other people, so instead of having to fork out for one RSD they had to send out 2, thats gotta hurt the pocket. But after all it is M$ so they can afford it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Got my protection cord today. It looks just like the one in the link, except the buttons are in the middle, one above the other. It's three pin as well. :)

Advertisement