Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Warhammer Joke ever :D

Options
  • 31-05-2001 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Got this in an email, and I couldn't resist Kharn...

Whats red, bloody and in pieces all over the floor?

Kharn the Betrayer's roommate.

I think the title is justified lol. If you don't play Warhammer, this will make no sense to you at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:
    If you don't play Warhammer, this will make no sense to you at all.</font>

Never was a truer word spoken.
    confused.gifconfused.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Well, if I can't make you laugh, I might aswell confuse you biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

aHAAHAAHAAHAAAA *takes breath*
    HAAHAAHAAHAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAA *takes another breath*
    HAAHAAHAAHAAA heheehee....

OMFG THAT'S CLASSIC!!!

That's it, it deserves a:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> biggrin.gif ROFL - Good 'un mate biggrin.gif
    ©® Kharn 2000 - 2001</font>

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

I'm unsure wheter to be scared, flattered, amused or just plain impressed by the eloquence and articulation of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

/me shouts
    "Hey isn't that a Nurgle Plague Marine?? Oh wait sorry it's just SMAK"

</font>

hehehe pld!

• Advertisement

lmao biggrin.gif

Glad I brought my converted Land Raider, with my extra shooty twinned Eathshaker Cannon, and 40 odd hunter killer missiles attached, and not to forget the imperial guard fodder, ahem I mean regiment before me!!
    </font>

Twin Earthshaker and loads of hunter-killers??? Cracked bastid! One good Las-Cannon shot and that's a whole lotta points out the window!!!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    Tribes 2 Goodness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I will come down on the side of confused.

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    Twin Earthshaker and loads of hunter-killers??? Cracked bastid! One good Las-Cannon shot and that's a whole lotta points out the window!!!

</font>

I was choosing a good advisary to kharn biggrin.gif bit of a points difference I'd agree.

Considering I'm an eldar player... do you think i'd get away with mounting an earthshaker on a falcon?

Didn't think so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Uh, anyone mind explaining what it all means? smile.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i understand it perfectly.
    still a **** joke though.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da'Bounca:
    i understand it perfectly.
    still a **** joke though.
    </font>

the joke 0wnz!

I'm unsure wheter to be scared, flattered, amused or just plain impressed by the eloquence and articulation of your post.</font>

personally i'd be scared tongue.gif. good joke btw.! never played Warhammer, but geddit anyway.

Be afraid, be very afraid...
    /me fires up Gore-Child
    mmmmmmm
    Chain Axe Goodness!!!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    Tribes 2 Goodness

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 31-05-2001).]

lmao biggrin.gif

Glad I brought my converted Land Raider, with my extra shooty twinned Eathshaker Cannon, and 40 odd hunter killer missiles attached, and not to forget the imperial guard fodder, ahem I mean regiment before me!!

On a completly seperate note

/me shouts
    "Hey isn't that a Nurgle Plague Marine?? Oh wait sorry it's just SMAK"

Hey - I'm an Eldar player too smile.gif

Grab a Scorpion, a Wave Serpant and a load of Vibro-Cannon or Shadow-Weaver batteries. Load the Wave serpent with JainZar and a scatter of Banshees and an Exarch - then *maybe* you'll be ready to take on Kharn curlydav.gif

To the rest of the unbelievers (and confused), it's all about a game called Warhammer 40,000. Take our word on it tongue.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    Tribes 2 Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think you are slightly biased there kharn;P

Anyway it was Orks all the way for me ... they were really quirky and loads of fun to paint (although my 2 masterpieces were chaos ... go figure)

http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Fragnet

I've played wee skirmishes with Orkses and they certainly are a good laugh to play with - unreal in close combat (and rightly so).

Admins - where's that community board for Warhammer and 40K players??? smile.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    Tribes 2 Goodness

I used to be a blood angel player, but I was converted to Eldar, after doing some conversion work for a friend of mine, I love the Avatar model biggrin.gif

I'd throw in the Farseer council, some Howling Banshees, some guardians to force him to charge at, and of course a wraithlord. Better safe than sorry with Kharn! smile.gif

Playing Imperial Guard with Eldar, took a lot of getting use to, after using Blood Angels for years. Their weight in numbers and excellent ranged weapons are annoying, but then again with some good cover and a few jet bike squadrons etc.

Not very on topic for Humour, I wonder if someone will complain to the mod?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Tom and I are playing in a Warhammer 40k league at the moment here in Dublin. If anyone is up for a 1500 point skirmish, give me a shout smile.gif

heeheehee. Oi Mod, this is WAY off topic curlydav.gif

What army are you using Dan? Tom's got his 'nids I'm sure (the new models look lovely). I haven't had a chance to bring my models up to Galway so I'm not getting any painting or gaming done.

I went through a phase of buying loads of Warlocks for my Seer Council and luckily I've got no duplicates (cause I've got some older models too). So, Eldrad Ulthran is leading the boys (well, his model is anyway) and all's well.
    /me really likes the Ulthwé Craftworld

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    Tribes 2 Goodness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

yeh.
    orks are the best.
    fond of the war-buggies and bikes myself.

could never be arsed to paint all the ****ers though, way to many of them.

Hum, still no explanation, aw well smile.gif Ye're making it sound allmost fun, any chance of giving some recommendations for someone whos never touched it before ? smile.gif

*cough*

heh, well I had loads of time on my hands between transition yr and my LC, so I have about 1200 Marines, Chaos and Ork models, of which about 70% are painted, most to a very high standard (especially the character models) Unfortunately the rest wil never be touched cos I just don't have the patience any more. Anyway I have probably forgotten most of the techniques I developed. All in all I only ever played 2 games of it which is a bit mad since I spend about £3000 on all the ****, but then again I was more interested in painting the things. When I stopped probably the only guy who was a better painter than me in this country was the guy who did all the display stuff in Games Workshop.

Fragnet

oh ya dub ...
    the down side of the game ...
    1) can take a few hours to pick an Army
    2) can take an hour hours to set up the playing field and position figures.
    3) each turn (of which there are generally 4) can take up to 1 1/2 hours

so you need to be willing to spend about 4-8 hours playing depending on the size of the game

Now there are players that will be thinkin to themselves wtf i this guy talkin about, but the few games I had were with 5000 point armies. I always thought big games had more depth than small skirmishes.

Anyway the best thing to do is to go into Games Workshop beside the ha'penny bridge. I'm sure one of the staff would have no problem tellin you about the game.

Fragnet

Heh, soz, only got round to posting here now, ill have lots of free time after the JC so might look into it, ta for the info smile.gif

*cough*

[This message has been edited by richindub2 (edited 03-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me had a big Eldar army...around 3000 points I think - under new system.
    Only ever played 3 proper games ie: actually finished them and used the rules.
    Most of the others descended into playing starwars. I was about 10. Been painting and collecting them for a good while but stopped tehre about a year ago - LEaving Cert took the stage. I always preferred modifying and doing kustom jobs anyways. Have painted a few ORks in my time, made a klass Mad-Max style Ork buggy for GorkaMorka, but sadly never got to play the game. Also painted a blast of Blood Angels. Still have a Baal Predaor to finish, and a Avatar and a Falcon.
    I would really have liked toget into Epic 40k, but again no time nor money to do so...
    Anyone in Galway interested in playing a match someday? Or teaching me a quick version of teh rules? I read teh mauals serveralt imes, but never got to run the knowlage in during a match. I was there teh day the UK GW crew came to Galway. I was teh space marine captain on charge of the rhino and assault squad - had to leave half-way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Ah, 40k... that takes me back. I ran a 40k site for about a year, called Codex Chaos Guard (Yeah, I know.. I was a little light on name suggestions, but there you go). Having surpassed my target of 10,000 hits (by only 1,000, it must be said), I had to promptly take it offline due to factors outside my control. This time it's actually true. Ok, the host company Horizon DM became non-existant, the government somehow bought the website, and CCG was hosted illegally for a coupla months... whereupon I decided not to get the lads sued. Because they implied red hot pokers. It went down pretty well with ye public, and I've been keeping an eye out for someone to webmaster when I relaunch it. I've got one *****in' design that I'm keen to show off. Anyone interested? The rules need a lot of work. I can do the programming and setup bits (such as is needed) and so I just need a scivvy to update it and take suggestions etc.

Speaking of which, I'd appreciate some among ye having a look at www.thegreensock.com. It's coming along very very slowly, but most people chuckle a bit at what's already up. Just want to get some early feedback. Ignore the professional bit, and the message board needs some filling in (you'll see what I'm on about).

So... how 'bout that rambling, hey?

"Thanks for posting your message, Oh yeah! "

- Hehe, that cracks me up. Oh yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

lol

Don't ya juz hate eldar, stupid wusses, kill em all. (I collect Imperial Guard)

Booyaka

Oh the PEINQUINS!!!!

Apologies, I had no access for a week, they got a bad power surge at home while I was in college, and fried my PC frown.gif

Firstly, am whats happening with the community, I expected to see it up by now, what happened?

Also, Imperial Guard? lol, two types of troops, cannon fodder, and big scary tanks...

(I've a mate with a 10,000 point Imperial Guard army, far too many Leman Russes for my tastes....)

• Advertisement
Advertisement