Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing font size...

Options
  • 20-02-2005 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the method is to make text inside PS physically bigger on the screen or in print. Does it have to do with lowering dpi resolution? Or are fonts vectored so that you can scale them up using image size adjustment? Or is there some other way?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Are you talking about in a document, or on the actual PS interface itself?

The fonts are "vectored" to a certain degree. You can change the size of the font as much as you like when it's still in "text" mode. You can then "rasterise" the text, meaning that photoshop will take the text to be just an "image", so that you can apply effects etc on it.
    Once you've done this, you can't edit the text anymore.

Hope this helps.
    S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm more or less talking about making physically big text (after rasterization) to superimpose over the top of an image.
    72 just isn't cutting it...I need maybe 360 lol, but the only way I can do it is by scaling up the text and then pasting it into the the other image...
    However I don't want to loose text quality by scaling it up, which is why I asked is it vectored. But I'd assume that the vectoring is negated after rasterizing, right?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

You can go larger than 72 by the way, that's just the default option maximum.
    Just type in the size you want where the "72" is!

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

sinecurea wrote:
    You can go larger than 72 by the way, that's just the default option maximum.
    Just type in the size you want where the "72" is!

S.

I have much to learn. I can't believe that didn't occur to me to try...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I find it better to do text in Illustrator and then copy it into PS when I have it right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement