Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ehotspot isp

• 20-02-2005 1:28am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody have ehotspot? its in my area and is the only service i can really afford my main use is for gaming it says on there website service not suitable for gaming or file sharing is this to be true any info

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Sounds like a Satellite system, my sympathies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

nearly any service is suitable for filesharing, they prob just dont want people getting gigs of stuff per day (ie. the likes of myself).

however if they say not suitable for gaming, they probably have really high pings. Mabye like that guy said, i could be satellite. If it is satellite, it definetly wouldnt be suitable for games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah its satellite :( that means high pings huh

It means get Wireless. NE Wicklow is not the third world.......which is where Sats are meant to be used.

true but its where i live kilcoole aka glenroe :rolleyes: and i dont want to be paying €100 for a satellite every month i would be happy with eircom dsl but i am just on the edge of the exchange any ideas

• Advertisement

Get someone nearer to hook up to DSL and see http://www.irishwan.org/ about relaying it a few 100 metres to a few houses including yours . Their site has been rather fubar for a while, normally its very informative .

cheers

Advertisement