Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer Pup has a dose of the trotsky's

Options
  • 20-02-2005 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Anyone got any advise for a 14 week old puppy who has a dose of the #2's being exceedingly soft and coming frequently. She is fed on dry food normally (Eukanuba) with the odd bit of tuna/ meat thrown in. She has fed well up till now and had no problems. She did get the last of her shots about a week ago so I'm assuming she should be over any effects that they would have had.
    She did arrive in from the garden the other day chewing something that can only be described as 'disgusting'! I do not know what it was but there were maggots in it(sorry for the horrible images that conjures up!)
    Other than contacting the vet on monday don't know really what to do other than keep feeding as normal and hope it passes soon. (The flatulance is turning the house blue!)
    Anyway if anyone has any advise it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i had a husky pup that ate somethin unmentionable once and got the scoots, the vet had me feed him plain cooked white rice and bread until i could get him into the office..might help anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The runs can become serious in especially young pups, take the pup off food for 24 hours but keep the water bowl well topped up with cool, boiled water.

Puppies or any animal that gets the runs can become dehydrated very quickly.

They can get the runs for many reasons..sometimes it is something they shoudln't of eaten or sometimes vaccinations can give them a touch of it.

After 24 hours start the pup on a little boiled chicken and rice.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ohyehbaby

Thanks for your help guys! As it happens she seems to be well again today eating like a horse and things seem to be back on track!
    Cheers

Advertisement