Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I find Pork Scratchings in Dublin? Please let me know

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 phonemateire

This is just not gonna go away we want scratchings. I fear its a hangup from our colonial past, I mean we are Irish it's hardly a health thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭biboyTDK

anybody still looking for pork scratchings in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tomcat2

Pork Scratching is deep fried Pork Crackling, the skin of the roast pig. It's delicious with a beer.A few hairs aren't going to hurt you.There are worse things in hot dogs and sausages.Don't think it ever caught on as a snack in Ireland.Plenty of Irish eat the snack here in England

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Pork scratchings can be found in a shop called ALTO in Dublin city on Liffey street

Need help ask:D

€1 per bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Bojan1991

hey these originated from the balkans. me and my grandad used to make it at home. the best thing to do is ask your local butcher if he can save you the skin and fat from the pig. make sure there is no hair on it.. and just cook them in like a deepfry or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrK0vyo2ZNY here is another video ... just hop much we make http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=IwGuuUr-Rxc shown in the vid these is how we serbians make them :) hope it helps.

im gona try to get some for my self and homemake them.. if u got any questions on how u need to prepare just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

You can also get them in iceland at the Ilac centre in dubliin city

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thread closed - it's way too old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement