Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'motorists'-get it off your chest thread.

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Exactly as it says.
    Did something happen on the road today that pissed you off?
    Slow driver, Women drivers, Men drivers, break downs, whatever!!

Post here and release a little bit of that fury.

Was driving to work today on my bike, firstly i was up a 615 for work(on a sunday i might add), it was freezing and slighly snowing, then after about 5 or six miles my bike cuts out at the traffic lights and wont start, so i have to push the b.astard to get it going again. All the while still freezing and being snowed on. And to top it of I was late for work!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

well i was up at 5 this morning to get to work for 6, on a sunday i might add;) and i saw absolutely nothin, it was a joy to drive to work at that time!!! no one about at all, apart from a few scumbags walkin home from their night of drinkin dutch piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Gothic Warrior

Exactly as it says.

Dude, it says "The motors get if off your chest thread", which doesn't make sense. So how can it be exactly like it says?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Sunday public transport.
    Boy racers and their Nissan Micra's.
    The cost of taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

women drivers

ando wrote:
    women drivers
    ah, touché

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Dude, it says "The motors get if off your chest thread", which doesn't make sense. So how can it be exactly like it says?

sorry chief, got it now?

and women drivers..... a thread in itself!!

sorry chief, got it now?

and women drivers..... a thread in itself!!
    i still don't think it makes sense man,, try ''motorists - get it off your chest''

works for me

coolaboola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

A chicken crossed the road in front of me on my way to work, when i clearly had the right of way.

• Advertisement

rander00 wrote:
    A chicken crossed the road in front of me on my way to work, when i clearly had the right of way.

Did you ask the chicken why he was crossing the road?

rander00 wrote:

hairy japanese bastards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

What a girl said to me last night

"I'm not quite clear on the rules of the road"

Thus - all provisional drivers should be banned from the roads unless they are accompanied by a reasonably compentent adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

People overtaking when all the have under their arse is a beat up old motor that can't overtake especially when I am coming the other way and have to jam on the brakes to stop a major crash....I drive into work at 5 in the morning also and it is heaven with very little traffic for my 22 mile trip in...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

would everyone just get the feck outta my way!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

I was driving home from work the other night(a little bit tired). I heard something "crunch" under my left front wheel :rolleyes:

... just thought i'd get it off my chest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

One night a guy (Bulgarian) walks into the Garda station and says ' I think I may have knocked someone down with my car' Oh says I where and when?

He says about 15 miles back the road :eek:

Quick emergency drive back to where he said he thought it happened (a hitchhiker) he thought. Hitchhiker found alive and well. It was just his thinking that got to me - I mean if you knocked (or thought) you knocked someone down would you contiunue driving for 15 miles before thinking that it might need to be reported to someone? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Women drivers... Jeez

I was clearly in the right lane and this women tries to glide into my lane when i'm obviously in it and have right of way. Then she shouts to me 'your in the wrong fcking lane'..... Damn women doesnt have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Bastards that drive everywhere at 48 mph and wont pull in or hurry the **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

Seen all above.....

But the only thing that really gets to me is all the traffic lights in Dublin, and they all seem to be red. How is anyone supposed to make any progress when you've got to stop every 100yds or less ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Idiots going through roundabouts in the wrong lane.
    The right hand lane is for going right people even if there are 2 lanes on the other side of the roundabout.Ive nearly been killed twice in the last week by idiots going straight in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Hellrazer wrote:
    The right hand lane is for going right people even if there are 2 lanes on the other side of the roundabout.Ive nearly been killed twice in the last week by idiots going straight in this way.

Really not sure about this. If you take the roundabout at Glenageary and/or the one at the Graduate for example, the right hand lane is clearly for taking any exit but the first one. To try to use the left hand lane for the 2nd or 3rd exit is suicide.

I think the rules of the road are fairly specifc and (from memory) state that the left hand lane is to be used if you are taking the first exit from a roundabout. The right hand lane is to be used in all other cases, moving into left hand lane when your exit is next. Am I wrong? If so, I would like to know! - it has been 10 years since the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Old farmers...20mph...in a banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Hellrazer wrote:

I think you're wrong about this, the right hand lane is for going straight or turning right when there are two lanes on the far side of the roundabout. And how have you been nearly killed by them, trying to turn right from the left hand lane?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think the rules of the road are fairly specifc and (from memory) state that the left hand lane is to be used if you are taking the first exit from a roundabout. The right hand lane is to be used in all other cases, moving into left hand lane when your exit is next. Am I wrong? If so, I would like to know! - it has been 10 years since the test.
    General rule:
    1st and 2nd exit - left-hand lane. All other exits - right-hand lane.
    Unless the road markings indicate otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Turlock

Yeah I'd go with d20*'s answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

The self Righteous,
    I can just about handle when someone does something really dumb but when they go off on one like your in the wrong......

You get me??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Dan_B wrote:
    The self Righteous,
    I can just about handle when someone does something really dumb but when they go off on one like your in the wrong......

You get me??

I know exactly what you mean. The other day I was turning right onto Gardiner St. and some gobsh1te had blocked the yellow box. When it cleared, I eased into it, fuming (and neglecting to acknowledge the courteous driver who let me in). It was only after a minute or two had passed that I realised that my right turn was illegal! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

Hellrazer wrote:

ok ppl imagine a roundabout is the face of a clock and u are entering the roundabout at 6 o'clock ... for any exits that are between 6 o'clock and up to AND INCLUDING 12 o'clock you are in the left lane ... anything after 12 o'clock it's the right hand lane.

Now lets not forget indicating ... first exit between 6 and 12 your indicating before u get onto roundabout ... after first exit up to 12 o'clock your in left lane but not indicating until after the exit before the one u wanna take. After 12 o'clock(remember right hand lane) your always indicating right until after the exit before the one u wanna take when u indicate left and get the hell off the roundabout of death.

Just on a side note the "give way to ppl on the right" rule thing still applies on a roundabout... ie if someone in the right lane is indicating left u should play nice and give way ... but ppl of the right beware don't force this as u WILL cause accidents, just go around again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Seamus is right on this one.The left hand lane is for going left or straight and then some idiot decides to go straight in the right hand lane pushing the car in the left lane in towards the kerb.
    Thats how I was nearly killed twice.In my first post I was wrong about the left lane rule if there are 2 lanes on the far side of the roundabaout--apparently this is ok.
    My problem is when there is only one lane the far side of the roundabout and some ****head decides to go straight through in the right hand lane.

http://www.iol.ie/~pt/roadrule.html

Advertisement