Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'motorists'-get it off your chest thread.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

It was only after a minute or two had passed that I realised that my right turn was illegal! :eek:

i'm not from dublin but was in the city centre a bit lately ... now i know about the no turning left onto O'Connell street but whats this no turning right thing. I made a right turn on Dame st and got alot of angry looks ... then a little later i was around tallagh and there was no right turn allowed at that junction either. I know ppl turning right can kinda hold up traffic but at this rate soon you'll only be able to drive in straight lines through dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

i'm not from dublin but was in the city centre a bit lately ... now i know about the no turning left onto O'Connell street but whats this no turning right thing. I made a right turn on Dame st and got alot of angry looks ... then a little later i was around tallagh and there was no right turn allowed at that junction either. I know ppl turning right can kinda hold up traffic but at this rate soon you'll only be able to drive in straight lines through dublin

Soon you will not be able to drive through Dublin at all. All traffic is diverted to the quays at some point - pearse st heading into town stops at tara st except for buses. Dame street stops at Georges st, there is no O'Connell st any more, it seems. NB: I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing. Yet.

When I leave work, I either take an illegal right, or loop around 3 "blocks" to get to the same point. All traffic control seems to divert you towards one or other of the toll bridges, which is another rant altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 m3tolls.com

The M3 will be tolled twice in County Meath - www.m3tolls.com.

A commuter for example, traveling from north of Navan hoping to travel on the M3 to work in Lucan or south of the M50 will be forced to pay 3 tolls there and 3 tolls back—6 tolls per day, 30 per week.

The entire M3 debate seems to revolve around a controversial 3km, and the double tolling of the M3 has largely been ignored by our elected representatives in Dáil Éireann.

Using the current M50 toll charge of €1.80 per car for calculation purposes you would have to pay €10.80 per day or €54.00 per week to get there and back! This is unacceptable.

This is just one of many issues affecting the M3 including route construction delays and building across the old Dublin Navan Railway line without putting in bridges before the M3 is built.

Meath needs an M3 now, without delays or double tolls.

Visit www.m3tolls.com and sign the online petition..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

The M3 will be tolled twice in County Meath - www.m3tolls.com.

A commuter for example, traveling from north of Navan hoping to travel on the M3 to work in Lucan or south of the M50 will be forced to pay 3 tolls there and 3 tolls back—6 tolls per day, 30 per week.

The entire M3 debate seems to revolve around a controversial 3km, and the double tolling of the M3 has largely been ignored by our elected representatives in Dáil Éireann.

Using the current M50 toll charge of €1.80 per car for calculation purposes you would have to pay €10.80 per day or €54.00 per week to get there and back! This is unacceptable.

This is just one of many issues affecting the M3 including route construction delays and building across the old Dublin Navan Railway line without putting in bridges before the M3 is built.

Meath needs an M3 now, without delays or double tolls.

Visit www.m3tolls.com and sign the online petition..
    what a f...... joke,crusty the clown must be in charge,riped off as always,whats new about that in this country :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I thought I'd seen it all. Today on the N4 I saw a muppet in an Integra driving very aggressively, tailgating in the passing lane and, when he couldn't get the eejit in the passing lane to move, undertaking him at speed. Then he continued on his merry way at 70mph. At the M50 interchange I pull up alongside him and notice . . .

he's got the 'temporary' spare tyre on his left front wheel!

This guy was weaving in and out of traffic at 50+mph.

I couldn't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

In no particular order:

1. People who drive too slow, and won't pull over
    2. People who drive to fast (up your ass), when there is no opportunity for you to pull over
    3. People who pull out of a side road in front of you, and then drive at a crawl, and won't pull over
    4. People who do not know the rules of the road
    5. People who do not indicate
    6. *This is a long one* When you are waiting to join a main road turning right. And, there is a car coming from the left, (with traffic behind it), and at the last moment, it indicates right, and turns accross infront of you and up your road. Why can't they indicate earlier, and slow down for about 3 seconds to let you out onto the road in front of them!!!!
    7. People who are completely oblivious to the 'overtaking lane' "myth"
    8. People who wait till they are actually at the toll barrier, and then go rooting for money.
    9. People who cannot park, and use more than one space.
    10. Huge trucks using small roads for shortcuts (cause controversy before, but it still annoys me)
    11. Trailers with bad/no/mixed up lighting
    12. People who do not indicate
    14. People who do not display an ounce of courtesy, almost to the point of being aggressive
    15. People who use buslanes and hard shoulders to skip traffic jams, and then think it is their god-given-right to be allowed to merge back into the traffic when they see fit.
    16. Lane hoppers.
    17. People who use their fog lamps (front & rear) when there is no fog!
    18. People who do not dip their full beams, this applies to oncoming cars, and cars behind.
    19. People who slow down AGES before their turn, and then take an ungodly amount of time to execute the turn
    20. Drivers who are obviously completely oblivious to what is happening around them. e.g. A queue at the lights and one car leaves a gap of about three or four meters, not realising that if they move forward, a car (further back) trying to exit a parking spot would be free to continue on their way.
    21. People who cannot use roundabouts
    22. People who do not seem to understand what a yellow box is for. (in Naas recently, and there is a very long yellow box on the Sallins road, at the Monread turn off. Anyway, the lights are red and a guy stopps at the yellow box, which means he is about 20meters back from the lights. The bloke behind SITS on the horn to try and make him move forward:mad: )

Can't think of any more at the moment, but If if do, I'll add them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

....If you take the roundabout at Glenageary and/or the one at the Graduate for example, the right hand lane is clearly for taking any exit but the first one. To try to use the left hand lane for the 2nd or 3rd exit is suicide.....
    100% agree. That Graduate one is potentially very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Articulated lorries overtaking other lorries on the motorway, in heavy traffic conditions at 55-60 miles an hour when the lorry being overtaken is doing only marginally less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

People thinking that just becasue a bike is tin, that under taking it is ok. Vary dangorus and has happened a few times. Latest was a woman driver who then started beeping me. Funny thing was, I was going over the speed limit of the area (the cannal) and I was coming up to traffic about to brake for it. Looked into my left mirror to see a car right along side of me (while I am in the center of the lane) turn about on the bike and make a jesture as to ask what the hell is she doing... then she beeps me! I stopped at the traffic and counted to 10.. other wise I was getting off the bike to have a word in her ear.

Other thing that gets to me, is people stoping on a roundabout to let the people at the next exit on! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

My two main motor griefs are fog lights when there is no fog :mad: and cars with little or no lights on the front/only one working/one like a candle - the list goes on!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Apart from all of the above, which I see with worrying regularity, there's the people who, after they've put your and their life and that of the people around you in danger by their stupid and reckless behaviour, seem to think they can absolve themselves of all responsibility by waving nonchalantly at you and mouthing "sorry" :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

impr0v wrote:
    Articulated lorries overtaking other lorries on the motorway, in heavy traffic conditions at 55-60 miles an hour when the lorry being overtaken is doing only marginally less.
    is the rest of the heavy traffic going much faster?

Advertisement