Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz €25 PL Omaha/HE cash game

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this game.
    The maximum you can sit down with at the start is €25, blinds are 50c-50c for both HE and Omaha, and its pot limit.

I was playing it yesterday evening and made a very tidy profit. It's very different from the usual Fitz cash games, €50 minimum sit-down, blinds 1-1 for Omaha, 1-2 for Holdem, also pot limit.

In the €25 Hold'em: People raise to protect their hands, AKs, JJ or whatever, alot of times there will be a few callers and then people are priced in to play their 33 and 45s, thus leading to AA being cracked and accusing looks of "How could you play with that??"
    Omaha is even worse. (Or better depending what way you look at it.)
    Players who aren't that experienced in Omaha think that AAxx and KKxx are absolute gold, and are unlikely to be 'cracked'.
    I found that by limping with any reasonable Omaha starting hand and picking up a decent hand or draw you would get paid by someone who got married to their AAKJ hand on a 77894 board.

Admittedly the lineup in yesterdays (saturday) game was quite weak, and I did hit alot of nut draws and top sets, so I got lucky at the right times and only got outdrawn a handful of times, I got the impression that the €25 game is alot more profitable than the €50 game.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I have sat down three times. 1st i was there 2 hours and walked away with 100, 2nd about 125 and third. Sat down with 25 and saw my KK cracked by QKo and promptly left

One thing is for sure, there is alot more action.

You really have to work tho as the play is so loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Samba wrote:
    One thing is for sure, there is alot more action.
    You really have to work tho as the play is so loose.
    I wouldn't say its loose, people still have reasonably high starting hand requirments (apart from Marq that is). There's be few players with crap like J3o and stuff, its just that if you get 4 limpers, then someone raises to €3 with AKo, next person calls, next person calls then everyone else usually comes along for the ride since 78s or whatever is a decent cash game hand.

In last nights game it was usually 3-7 to the flop for €3 a go. The omaha was much looser, blind raises UTG (mostly Marq), call, call, call, AAxx makes it €4 to go, 5 callers.

The thing I found was that if you could get to the flop for as cheaply as possible and hit a set or a nice nut draw you always got paid. It helped that there were a few players who thought top pair top kicker in omaha was a good hand.

Speaking from my experiences there has been at least 2-3 complete fish at the table every time I have played.

One of which cracked KK like black pepper...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Samba wrote:
    Speaking from my experiences there has been at least 2-3 complete fish at the table every time I have played.

One of which cracked KK like black pepper...
    How is this a bad thing?

Sorry?

I don't recall myself saying it was a bad thing and I certainly can't see it.

One of them paid my AQo nicely when the flop came AAK...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Is this game played on any other days besides Saturday?
    If so, what time do they usually start.

Thanks,
    Eoghan.

Advertisement