Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin poker tourney

Options
  • 20-02-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Texas Holdem Poker Classic

Tuesday 1 March 2005, 6:00pm - 6:00pm

Venue : Mullingar House, Chapelizod
    Date : Tuesday, 1st March
    Time : 6 'til late
    Buy In : 20euro per ticket plus re-buys and top ups
    Prize Fund : Minimum 1250euro, plus spot prizes on the night

Tickets available from the Mullingar House or call or text the following numbers;
    0877467517 (Neill)
    0851443806 (Jonathon)
    0863095400 (Eoin)

*Limited to 80 tickets so buy tickets early to avoid disapointment

Other information:
    1)local pub regulars are running the event
    2)Purpose is to give local people a texas holdem tournament that the demand wants,with expenses and small profits going to organisers note: money will be added to prizefund fron rebuys and top-ups
    4)reg starts at 6 tournament 6.45ish
    5)there are no prerequisites
    6)tickets now available from the bar or on numbers above any spare tickets will be available on night but event exected to sell out before then
    7)texas holdem
    8)20€ entry with 20€ rebuys for first hour and 20€ top-up at end of first hour
    9)reg 2€
    10)% to be decided on night depending on numbers
    11)1250 prize pool guaranteed
    12)blinds will increase every half hour for first hour ev.20mins after that
    13)1500 starting chips
    14)rebuy 1500 and top up 2000
    15 & 16)blinds start at 25/50 and will inrease as said above
    17)first and second place paid 1000 and 250 with spot prizes on night(to be decided on spot prizes)
    18)deal yourself
    19)WSOP poker rules apply not documented
    20)tournament director will be one of the organisers on night and he will handle any dispute and his decision is final

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭POKERKING

What Does 'bump' Mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Replied to so as to bring to the top of the page.

ok cheers lads

Tickets Sold Out!no Tickets Available On Night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭evilbert

the tournament structure looks very similar to a certain gresham tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

evilbert wrote:
    the tournament structure looks very similar to a certain gresham tournament
    So?

Yes Exactly So What?gresham Tournament Went Well And So Did Ours So It Works Why Change It?you Will Also Find The Tournament In Tipperary Is Something Similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

thinking of investing in the softwear that was recomended on one of the treads here to sort out the blinds.I think the gresham Tournament Went Well as well.
    james

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

what were the prizes for the tourney?
    How many rebuys and hoew many top ups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

georgieM wrote:
    what were the prizes for the tourney?
    How many rebuys and hoew many top ups?
    Which tourney?
    The one in Chapelizod or Tipp.

dublin tourney

Hi Georgie The Prize Fund Went Up To 2150 Top 5 Places Got Prizes On The Night I Dont Know Exactly How Many Rebuys Or Top Ups There Were On The Night But It Was A Success Most People Went Home Happy With A Good Standard Of Poker Played!

how much did you guys make out of the tourney?

To Be Honest We Barely Made Anything We Just Covered Costs And The Price Of Few Pints At The End Of Thr Night The Real Winner Was The Bar Owner Who Had A Busier Night Than The Usual Sat Night Its Too Hard To Make Money Out Of It Because You Have To Put Rebuys Back Into Prize Fund I Wouldnt Recommend Anyone Organising A Tournament To Make Money We Just Did Cos We Love Poker And For A Bit Of Fun On The Night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

wHy dO yOu cApitalise tHe fIrst lEtter iN eVery wOrd ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

How does it work?
    You have max 80 players at 20 Euro (that's 1600 Euro) and Prize fund 2150.
    So 2150 less 1600 is 550 but if rebuys and top ups are 20 Euro how do you
    get 550 as 550/20 is 27.50 rebuys/top up's?
    Did somebody only buy half a rebuy?

first thing first i dunno how to capitalise every word i put everything in capitals and it changes automatically! 2nd no need to be so smart okidoki i reckon you get your calculator out again and we will go through the figures.....80 people at 20€ is 1600 plus only 75 showed up so thats 75 x 2 for reg wgich is 150 thats 1750 ok i reckon about 40 people top upped/re bought so thats 800 + 1750 =2550 okay you with me? 2550 minus the prize fund of 2150 equals 400€ left over of which we had to rent room,print tickets(which is costly),buy new cards,buy felt to cover all the tables,pay for all the advertising i.e. posters these arent done for free you know,get chips and do all the print offs for the night so i think we did it very well to even have enough for a pint at the end of the night dont you agree?i also think the prizefund was very generous considering that the gresham had 270 people and offered a first prize of 1500€ while we had first prize of 1200€(thats not a cheap shot at the lads that organised the gresham cos i think they did a good job)and had only 80 people!

Advertisement