Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best anime game?

Options
  • 20-02-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

What anime game does anyone think was the best released since the launch of console and PC gaming. I found that Final Fantasy 7 was the best one I ever played but I also found Ghost in the Shell (PS2 version) and the Star Ocean Games to be really good too. What does anyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Berserk game on the Dreamcast is pretty good. It's basic Final Fight gameplay, but the attention to detail is great. Introduced me to the manga aswell.

Best game based on an anime/manga property that I can think of at the moment would probably be Astro Boy: Omega Factor for the GBA, hellishly good stuff.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm currently working my way through Tales Of Symphonia on the the GameCube.

FF7 is my fave though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

CuLT wrote:
    FF7 is my fave though :)

Can't blame ya mate, FF7 is the MOTHER of all anime games in my opinion. If anyone doesn't agree then they dont know what they're missing.

Think I missed something here...

What do yis mean by an anime game? Or are you just talking about Japanese RPGs? Final Fantasy VII hasn't... anything to do with anime, and neither has Tales of Symphonia or the Star Ocean games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Havent played many anime games.
    Gungrave is a kind of ok shooter, but far too easy.
    Pokemon blue is a great time killer.

• Advertisement

Oni was pretty good in terms of storyline you might like that one.

f®eak s©enery the Star Ocean games are anime, you look at the details in the 3rd one and you'll see and the second game even has an anime series based on it called Star Ocean EX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

DBZ 3 on the Ps2 is simple Fantastic, u play other m8s who are at an equal standing in the game and Wooooo u'lll be havin some long fights, Cell Vs Teen Gohan, piccolo vs Android 17, Goku vs Frieza, Brolli vs Goku, but the mother of all fights for me and my bro Goku Vs Vegeta :)

Infini wrote:
    f®eak s©enery the Star Ocean games are anime, you look at the details in the 3rd one and you'll see and the second game even has an anime series based on it called Star Ocean EX.

It began as a video game series though, wasn't completely based on a anime property. Should've made that more clear but my edit broke. :p

Even so... what's an anime game?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I really loved the Zone Of The Enders game.

I also liked FF 7 & 8, but i think Z.O.E was my favorite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I guess games where the characters are dramn in anime style? FF7 without a doubt, that game was too good, they better not **** up this film theyre making.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenogears is brilliant, fantastic anime style story. FFVII as well here.

As a mention to the ZOE games, Gunstar Heroes, Rocket Knight Adventures, Skies of Arcadia, Xenosaga, Secret of mana and the MGS games which are basically Ninja Scroll with a better story and set in the future.

Just at the end of Tales of Symphonia and have to say its brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

One Piece Land-Land on the PS2 is excellent for One Piece fans, I heard that the latest installement of Fullmetal Alchemist on the PS2 is good as well but I havent tried it yet.

On the Super NES, Chrono Trigger was excellent but not really based on an Anime but the artwork was done by Toriyama so it had a Dragon Ball feeling to it. Dragon Ball Z RPGs were good as well except the very first one that was released that started from the Raditz saga, it was dodgy and with really bad graphics ;)

One Piece on the Wonderswan is surprisingly attractive as well as Dragon Ball.

Finally my all time favorite has to be Dragon Ball Z 2 on the Super Nes, the perfect Anime game for me :)

Chrono Cross was also anime as well. If anyone here has played Zone of the Enders 2 you'll see beyond a doubt that its an anime game. And in responce to f®eak s©enery's question an anime game is a game in which the characters are rendered in an anime style. Oh, and by the way FF7 is the only game that count's as anime as the others from 8 up are all rendered realistically rather than rendered as anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Infini wrote:
    Chrono Cross was also anime as well. If anyone here has played Zone of the Enders 2 you'll see beyond a doubt that its an anime game. And in responce to f®eak s©enery's question an anime game is a game in which the characters are rendered in an anime style. Oh, and by the way FF7 is the only game that count's as anime as the others from 8 up are all rendered realistically rather than rendered as anime.

Hi Infini,
    well I didn't get it this way either but it's your shot ;)
    Well I don't particulary agree on Final Fantasy VII, the reason why it was rendered the way it was was because the technology at the time didn't allow to have more realistic rendered. Also Final Fantasy 9 was more cartoony style as they were going back to their RPG roots.

Infini wrote:
    And in responce to f®eak s©enery's question an anime game is a game in which the characters are rendered in an anime style. Oh, and by the way FF7 is the only game that count's as anime as the others from 8 up are all rendered realistically rather than rendered as anime.

Ah right, fair enough. Guess that would mean nearly every game from Japan then. :p

My favourite anime game is Puyo Pop Fever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How could I forget Grandia. Excellent game and battle system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ZOE is class... though it will not compare to the awesomeness of ghost in the shell: sac on ps2 when it comes to us smelly europeans next month...

ZOE is class... though it will not compare to the awesomeness of ghost in the shell: sac on ps2 when it comes to us smelly europeans next month...

I've actually got the US version of that. It's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

The four .hack games. Amazing stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dragon ball z games are all so fantastic man i love to teleport with goku ah......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kastraelie

Dragonball games? Good?

Actually this is a trick question: There ARENT any good anime games. Even the best of the japanese roulette dating games for the DC were mediocre at best.

Mind you, im not talking about origional anime games--Im talking about ones based on anime...

And since .hack released WITH the anime I'm going to consider it an origional one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

I guess if its a game based on an actual Anime. I truly enjoyed playing the Initial D game, although you got to find out about parts of the anime you hadn't seen yet :(

I've always wanted to have a go at the Naruto games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CuLT wrote:
    I'm currently working my way through Tales Of Symphonia on the the GameCube.

Yeh, i may need that back in the next while, but even though the cutscenes in ToS arent til the very end... they are most excellent.
    Damn tree

ZOE is very great too, never had a chance at the anime... but with a game like that, i suppose it should be good.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

God dammit >_< stick to one username!

CuLT wrote:
    God dammit >_< stick to one username!

Eh? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Engel

Final Fantasy 7 was a great anime game. Star ocean?? Come on, thers better out there. I actually Can't think of good anime games, in my opion ff7 be the best. But thtas just my opion after all. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

i'm not much of a gamer but Final Fantasy 10 is pretty kewl. Does Tekken count???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that dbz one on the ps2 is great fun.kind of a button bashin think goes on in the middle of fights.

Advertisement