Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Issues & Support

• 20-02-2005 3:38pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Do people still have issues with UTV Internet connection dropping suddenly with the only way to fix the issue is plugging out modem and re-booting?

I do for one and UTV Support is terrible (in general) and at answering my problems.

Just curious has anyone had similar problems...

- Sully

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Fish05

Yep ... I left UTV about 2 months ago over it ... support is crud and they never really quite figured what was happening to my connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Fish05 wrote:
    Yep ... I left UTV about 2 months ago over it ... support is crud and they never really quite figured what was happening to my connection
    Happens all the time - can't escape the b4stards because I can't afford the others with the cap I want and Smart Telecom aren't coming to my exchange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

have utv for 12 months now-rarely have a problem-reluctant to leave them but Smart looks too attractice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Happens to me all the time. In the last 2 weeks, it's been taking me 6+ attempts to get connected too. Also my pop email stopped working, took them 6 weeks to reply to my email. Moving to Smart as soon as it comes available in my area. UTV took on too much too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

sixtysix wrote:
    have utv for 12 months now-rarely have a problem-reluctant to leave them but Smart looks too attractice
    Aye, that rings a bell. My contract with UTV is firm until March 8 unless they try to tell me changing to the 16GB last August package was a 12-month renewal (no need to reply on this btw, I know what they were saying to people after). I'll wait a wee while and see what they can offer (if anything)to compete with free line rental from Smart as I'm fairly happy with the service, though their bandwidth calculator either runs a few days late with the date wrong or just plain makes up traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So im not the only one! They said I was lol.

Yes I was laughed at on the phone by a support rep for mis pronouncing a support reps name. Others I email ignore me unless I threaten to go to Management, seems the only way to get them to work. They sent me out a replacement modem after god knows how long asking, but that wont even connect. At times id ring support and it would just ring out, it took 3 months or more to respond to my emails to support and from the form on there site. Pathetic eh?

I will proabably leave when Smart is availble in my area.

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yeah, I am finding that it is disconnecting me every so often aswell.
    sceptre wrote:
    though their bandwidth calculator either runs a few days late with the date wrong or just plain makes up traffic.
    Does anyone know of an independent and accurate bandwidth calculator I can download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

it just took me 14 attempts to log on to UTV Clicksilver there now.

And am only getting an average of 300kbps. Its been slow the last couple of days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mick_irl wrote:
    it just took me 14 attempts to log on to UTV Clicksilver there now.

And am only getting an average of 300kbps. Its been slow the last couple of days.

Goodluck in getting UTV to fix the problem lol!

- Sully

Advertisement