Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Saving as jpeg/jpg in MSPaint

• 20-02-2005 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    For just a little bit of editing, I like to use MSPaint, but after a reinstall of Windows2000 a few months back, I'm unable to save in jpeg format :(

I have all the options for MS Office to "run from disk", but still no joy.

The odd thing is, I can open up jpeg files, but I can't save files as jpeg in mspaint. In MS Imaging, I can, but as that has no editing tools, I'm stuck with MSPaint.

Any idea's? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Open up the file in Paint, do the work and save it as bmp. Open it in Photo Editor / Imaging and save it in jpeg / png.
    Thats what i do. :cool:

If the original format is in jpeg, i believe Photo Editor / Imaging can save it in bmp? :)

You need Office 97 or later to open or save JPEG files in Paint, but I see that you already have it. Try saving the following text to a registry file (.reg) using Notepad and import it.
    If this doesn't work, then try changing "C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\MICROS~1\\Grphflt\\JPEGIM32.FLT" to "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Grphflt\\JPEGIM32.FLT.

Make sure that REGEDIT4 is the first line.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Graphics Filters\Export\JPEG]
    "Path"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\MICROS~1\\Grphflt\\JPEGIM32.FLT"
    "Name"="JPEG File Interchange Format"
    "Extensions"="jpg"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Graphics Filters\Export\JPEG\Options]
    "ShowProgressDialog"="Yes"
    "Quality"="0x0000004b"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Karsini wrote:
    You need Office 97 or later to open or save JPEG files in Paint, but I see that you already have it. Try saving the following text to a registry file (.reg) using Notepad and import it.
    If this doesn't work, then try changing "C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\MICROS~1\\Grphflt\\JPEGIM32.FLT" to "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Grphflt\\JPEGIM32.FLT.

Make sure that REGEDIT4 is the first line.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Graphics Filters\Export\JPEG]
    "Path"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\COMMON~1\\MICROS~1\\Grphflt\\JPEGIM32.FLT"
    "Name"="JPEG File Interchange Format"
    "Extensions"="jpg"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Graphics Filters\Export\JPEG\Options]
    "ShowProgressDialog"="Yes"
    "Quality"="0x0000004b"
    Thanks Karsini. When I found that the stuff in the "Import" folder was not the same as the "Export" folder, I made a few additions. It now works like a charm.

Champ; if you can use regedit, goto
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Graphics Filters\
    and look @ the Export folder of JPEG, and the Import folder of JPEG, and if they're not the same, add in the ones to make the ones in the Import, the same as the Export, if this makes any sense to you.

Advertisement