Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource BB

• 20-02-2005 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Ok BB will be available in my area sortly, I know Netsource offer a home package with a static IP address, this would be my prefered option but I've heard alot of things about Netsource, IE very slow download speeds, shocking customer support/service ?? is thhere other companies offering BB with a static IP address for €30 per month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

i was with netsource before... it was grand... :p very rare disconnection and most thing was smooth as it should... i guess it depends on which exchange u r connected to... :) many critical factors affecting line performance... but the most crucial is that u have a good phone line... no noise, no interference... that'll be a good start...

why i left?... :cool: NTL came up with cheaper and faster package... living with 1.5mpbs line i can't even think of going back to dial up or 512kpbs line! .. greedy i know! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Download speeds are pretty good and they don't really enfoce their T&C as regards download limits (Origin Plus).

The gaming pings range from about 60-90 on UK servers, but are *generally* pretty stable.

Tech support is like any, once you show you know a little they'll stop with the stupid walk throughs and get down to the actual information for you.

I've found them friendly, and for the *most part* pretty reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Have Netsource.

They do (sort of) impose download limits by shifting you over to a heavily congested line (where you stay for a couple of months), but no charging.

Their reliability is a BIG +.

Their speed (I'm on a business package) is always the max the line can handle (in my case 52kB/sec).

The only problem I have with them is the price. They cost me €200 a quater for 512/128.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's dam expensive. Really. Compared to other products.

If it makes any difference to my comments, I'm switching to NTL as soon as they arrive in my area... speed/cost ratio being the main reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm on the 512/128 SOHO package. No problems at all really. I always get ~52kB/sec.

Have to agree with ciaranfo about Tech support.

I'd like to change (cost reasons), just waiting on new round of offerings from the ISP's.

ambrose :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i doubt you need a 100% static IP, couldn't you just use a dyndns account to solve that problem? If so, get anyone's adsl product. But i hear a new lot of offers are coming out soon. You should probably wait for them to appear.

Advertisement