Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

convert Java2D JPanel to Gif or Jpeg

Options
  • 20-02-2005 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to convert say a Java2D graph painted onto a JPanel into a GIF or JPEG so it can be downloaded from a webpage?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Adrian2005 wrote:
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to convert say a Java2D graph painted onto a JPanel into a GIF or JPEG so it can be downloaded from a webpage?

Thank you.

select the panel/frame and press Ctrl+Alt+Print Screen to copy it
    into the clipboard and paste it somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Adrian2005

Thanks, but I was looking for some code that would convert it so that I can create it in my program and use a cgi script to to put it up on a webpage as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

From what I remember of Java Swing, you can grab screen shots using it - look into that, it may be possible to grab certain windows too, ie: instead of the entire screen

Advertisement