Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nixers in the Midlands

Options
  • 20-02-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Anyone in any type of PC network or design graphic or otherwise, support or repair based in the midlands wanted. I have lots of bits and pieces that would work as a nice nixer for people from time to time, so if you'd like to leave some detail or means of contact on this thread roll on up! I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, if I am either bin it or move it! Especially interested in anybody with web design experience with expertise in flash, photoshop, VB and DB based sites. I have a broad range of companies from all across the midlands on my books and I'm always getting asked do I know people who do this that and the other, from CAD to Sage etc (SAGE TAS especially)so I think a thread like this might be beneficial to all us hero's who avoided moving to the big smokes and stayed local!! All thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated/tolerated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi,
    I am based in the midlands, and would be interested in any cad work on offer, part time full time contract permanent. My experience covers, Autocad level 2 and Autocad level3 city and guilds qualified. Strucad certified advanced and basic, Rcs Timberframe, Xsteel, and many more cad programmes. Let me know if anything pops up. :)

Kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 declans

Hi

I am a network engineer employed in the midlands , Have extensive knowledge of Networks , Server Builds , PC repair , Broadband all types integration of same on windows networks , Quite good knowledge of setting up network versions of Tas & Sage , Basically I am very good allrounder.Will do any thing from crimping cable for phone extensions to a full WAN install.Let me know what you think and we can get in touch ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jennyrusks

Hi there,

I realise I am about 10 months late replying to your post, but I just came across it today. I am a web designer and am always looking for some extra work. My site is http://www.laughingliondesign.com . My skills are very strong in photoshop, html, dreamweaver and flash. VB and backend programming are not really something I can do, or want to do. So if you need any brochure style sites done I would be very interested.

I live in Clonmellon, Westmeath.

all the best

Jennifer

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kyper

Hi,

I know this is late but anyway. I work as part of a recent startup who provide all kinda of web design and web application development. We also provide hosting and corporate email services. We dont resell we have our own servers.

If you do need anything along the lines of hosting or any unix related development let me know.

Thanks

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

i would be interested in autocad nixers as well! I have seven years experience in house design, site layouts etc... I have also seven years experience in obtainin planning permissions! I am city and guilds qualified in
    2d and 3d cad! let me know if there's anything available!

• Advertisement

I'm just interested folks.

Has any body from this illustrious bunch of highly skilled computer techs, ( self included :p ) ever received any nixers or offers here. I have n't.

Hope y'all had better luck.

kadman:)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Well Ive offered plenty of work if thats what you mean!

Sorry, not meant to cause offense. Just asking the question

Kadman
    :)

id like som cad work as well as computer repairs if you have any! I have been repairing computers for the last seven years as well!

Folks, make sure and just add your location and then this thread can be referenced at any time by anybody! I'm based in Mullingar/Kilbeggan by the way.

• Advertisement

pablo21 wrote:
    ! I'm based in Mullingar/Kilbeggan by the way.

Funny, so am I. I definitely dont know you, maybe you know me???

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭kyper

I'm based in Athlone

based in Athlone, and Newbridge (Co. Galway)

With all the cad skills, computer skills readily available in the midlands, maybe we should set up a midlands based design centre, eh pablo21:D :D

hey kadman if you want we could do something along that lines?!

so is there any work coming my and kadman's way? No sign of any yet and we'v put up a good bit of interest?!!

Now your thinking lad's! A bit of a co op of shared skill's and offer your services on that basis! The reason I posted this thread was because of the type of business I do and the companies I'm involved with, I'm always getting request's for people to the work of a temporary yet skilled nature,a nixer so to speak! I thought it would be a good idea for interested parties who are of course midlands based to be able to post details of there skill's and interests in a common place!

So tell us Pablo, why do all us computer and cad techies need you now, what do you propose to do for us. Sure we could do it on our own....can't we guys:D :D:D

kadman

• Advertisement

kadman we could indeed do it on our own but hes offering us work and so far has thrown none of it our way!??? why I ask??? I reckon that urself and myself should start up a design and joiner business and I can provide all the computer techy knowledge to fix them etc.. What you reckon???

Sure I've been doing computer techy stuff since me first sinclair zx 81, which i still have . And when it comes to joinery, wood work ect , my hands can heal the sick and raise the dead....surely you have seen my pics...:D :D

So what are you proposing then g ..Dude, you bring a laptop to the party , and I supply all the woodwork machinery....in the words of the virgin mary .." come again " ( bricktop..The Snatch )

Well i am still all ears....so tempt me..

I think maybe pablo is working for the Inland revenue, and is making a file on who does nixers , and gets paid in the black economy...;)

kadman

hey kadman iv got better than a laptop! I'v just built a custom pc for cad and games! It's top notch! Iv good woodworking equipment, Hitachi M12v router, dewalt dw708 chopsaw, dewalt dc759 18v drill, etc. going to get a scheppach planer/thicknesser next..

I'v got 8 years cad skill in the drawing of houses, sites, garages, woodworking projects, etc. Am city and guilds qualified in autocad both 2d and 3d... So what you reckon are ya interested? Also experience in Cabinet Vision. Not a lot but would love to learn from your expertise!

I'v seen your pictures. Love the carving you have on your website!!!

And what about your present job then, are you gonna give up the cad stuff...
    And why the sudden urge to go joinery / design then

What shopfitting / layout experience have you..

I'm getting fed up of doing planning permission to be honest. I'v spent the last eight years at it and it's very very hard to get planning permission for people now. Not gona give up the cad stuff. I'd keep it for the joiner / design!

I'v no shopfitting / layout experience but wouldn't mind getting some! I'm in college at the moment repeating second year of my course in electronics and computer engineering and absolutly hate it! I'm only sticking out cause I dont want to have wasted two years and not get my cert out of it!

I'm very good at pratical stuff and my woodwork teacher always used to make examples of the high quality stuff I'd make in school to my class, open nights, to the other teachers, parents etc... I'v got a very strong passion for joinery and cabinetmaking!

hey kadman getting a stand for the chopsaw on tuesday! Going to be able to hold 16' lengths of timber now! Nice......... cant wait to get it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 redbullandvodka

pablo21 wrote:
    Anyone in any type of PC network or design graphic or otherwise, support or repair based in the midlands wanted. I have lots of bits and pieces that would work as a nice nixer for people from time to time, so if you'd like to leave some detail or means of contact on this thread roll on up! I hope I'm not breaking any rules here, if I am either bin it or move it! Especially interested in anybody with web design experience with expertise in flash, photoshop, VB and DB based sites. I have a broad range of companies from all across the midlands on my books and I'm always getting asked do I know people who do this that and the other, from CAD to Sage etc (SAGE TAS especially)so I think a thread like this might be beneficial to all us hero's who avoided moving to the big smokes and stayed local!! All thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated/tolerated!!

i have a tractor with a cnc computer attached to the pto shaft,now the diafram on the diagnostics board has three cardinal draw backs does the over load on the disk comply with this major problem

Advertisement