Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary level maths formulae

Options
  • 20-02-2005 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where i can find (or has typed and will give me) a simple, concise list of the formulae (formulas?) you're required to learn for ordinary level maths. I'm good at it and not worried or relying on it for points or anything but i only really vaguely know all the course and it'd be nice to post-it all the stuff i've to learn onto my wall. post-its are cool.

Aaand Before i go through the book and dig them all out myself i decided to ask around. So this is me. Asking around.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

passive wrote:

Aaand Before i go through the book and dig them all out myself i decided to ask around. So this is me. Asking around.

You could have found them all by now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

... by find, of course, I didn't mean "locate book" so much "as go from page to page and taking down each formula under the headings/relevant question number from the paper." but thank you very much for the constructive advice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I know you probably don't wanna hear it, but you'll be better off looking through you're book, if you wanna learn them that's a better way!

sigh.. okay. I'll do that since my mock is tomorrow anyway. thanks :P

and it's "your book" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

You're right, maybe I should get some help with my shoddy english, after all I only managed to scrape a pass in English paper II, ah well good luck with the exam!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv a list, which is hard to make out mind u, but it is still good.

If you still need them let me know and ill scan you over a copy :)

- Sully

hey there.

I'd very much like that list of formulae if that's okay with you?
    I just completely messed up paper 1 in the mock.. i was pretty sure I knew all the relevent formulae too.. sigh :(

(edit: and didn't do so hot on paper 2 either ^_^')

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

passive wrote:
    hey there.

I'd very much like that list of formulae if that's okay with you?
    I just completely messed up paper 1 in the mock.. i was pretty sure I knew all the relevent formulae too.. sigh :(

In exchange here are my own notes on Eavan Boland & Emily Dickinson (only saw that thread a second ago so i assume it's too late to help with your exam if it was today.I used the Dickinson answer myself on Monday and I think it's pretty good)

Will do asap. :) Thanks for those notes, GREAT help.

- Sully

Hey,

I said id upload the forumlas, im not to sure if there a mix of Higher and Ordinary but I do Ordinary and was given this sheet so hope it helps!

The file size is to big and if I trim it anymore u wont be able to read it so iv put it on a friends server (my FTP is broken, so I cant upload it to mine).

So here it is: http://dextra.ws/images/formuals.jpg

Id like to re-type that but I dont think I can get some of the symbols?

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

Thanks Sully - much appreciated dude!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement