Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Furthest you have driven abroad ?

Options
  • 20-02-2005 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

What is the furthest you have driven abroad in your (Irish reg) vehicle ?

Country/Countries visited ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Drove from De Hagg in Holland to Geneva Switzerland in a Reno 5.
    Went through Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland.
    was about 800 miles did it in 12ish hours

Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Furtherst I've gone in my Irish reg car was Hungry :eek:

Visited France, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Czech Rep, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungry, Belgium and Austria. Somehow managed to miss Holland!

Took about six weeks off an travelled around Europe. Got some funny looks at border control, when they'd see the reg they'd look twice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Maxxum

Drove to Monte Carlo at christmas Via UK ,France,Germany,Switzerland,Italy,France and home 3500 miles in 10 days

Had a Ball

Saw some awesome cars

3rd pic 355,360,430,DB9 !!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hello,

Did it twice ,over 3 years,with my lovely car Renault Espace 99:
    Ireland-France-Germany-Austria-Hungary-Romania-Hungary-Austria-Italy-Switzerland-France-Ireland !
    This year,if my car will keep me going ,i want to see some of the Nordic Countries and spend few days in LegoLand in DK with my kids !

I have used all the way my laptop with the GPS,no problems !
    Very impressed in Vienna,Paris,Venice ,Alps !
    Roads :Italy,France (expensive toll roads),Germany !

First trip,my car left me down at the France-Germany border:petrol pump got bananas ! Lucky,i was in the Mother Country !!

Problems at the border EU-nonEU,as usual !Felt quite not-at-home when i have to leave the EU Money zone and to start looking for cash machines and Exchange Points !

I won't take the plane next time for nothing in the world !! The experinece is unique !!

PS
    IrishFerries,a little bit rusty !! and for a crap Irish breakfast ,they charge me €12 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Cool !

Nice wheels Maxxum - good to see an Irish-reg car 'flying the flag' around Europe !

(I plan to do some EU driving at a future date).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Pretty much all of Europe: France (+Corsica), Spain (+Teneriffe & Majorca), Italy, UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Denmark/Norway. In a variety of personal + rental cars over the years (15 years or so since I've been driving).

US: Florida - Mazda 323 (saloon), Ford MPV job, New England - Chevy Cavalier Z24 Convert, San Francisco - Pontiac (something) GT (big -BIG- & sleek family car thing)
    Canada - Volvo S40
    Turkey - local flavour of the Renault 12
    Antigua - That small tinfoil-looking Suzuki jeepy thing
    Iraq - Toyota Hi-Lux LWB, back in '86 (that one wasn't strictly legit, but then life was different back then in that particular place ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Furthest trip was France-Spain-Italy-Switzerland-Austria-Germany-Benelux-UK about 4.5k miles in 3 weeks, in 2001

Furthest "as the crow flies" distance was Prague in 2003.

This year it'll be the northern Norway / Sweden, all on my trusty 00-LK bike. You do get some funny looks especially in CZ and the more off the beaten track places, but they all seem delighted to see the IRL on the plate :-)

Advertisement