Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolermaster Aquagate Problems

Options
  • 20-02-2005 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

i got myself a very cheap deal one of these http://www.ninjalane.com/display.aspx?docname=aquagate&page=1 ...i know its not an extreme overcooling tool but i liked the look of it and i ve got a wavemaster case so i thought it would lok cool ....so i went about setting it up.....and then coped on that its not made with retenion brackets for the p4 775 socket so i made my own ....and how after installing the unit into my case and putting in the pci card and waterblock ...all i got was it running for a couple of seconds then it brings my system to a showdown ...
    i cant seem to get it up and running the pump is working and the fan is going around and boy its noisey "its on fan preset 3 which is the highest and its lould very lould ....its only got a 80ml fan ....so unless anybody out there has one of these and has had the same trouble or knows what the problem is let me know .....cos im planning on modding it and getting rid of the internal control panel and relaying the fan wire out of the unit into my aerogate fan controler and relaying a the main power input cable with a four pin molex from my psu and taking out the whole unit and placing it on top of the case cos im thinking the problem is the internal control panel so if i detour around it completely the the pump and fan and rad are all working
    ...and im also putting a 120mm fan infront of the unit dubdvd-remote_display1.jpg and take out the 80mm ...i will build a kind of extended frame about 4'" in lenght around the 120mm fan and have it drop down to a 80mm by 80mm frame at the end of the framed square tube ...that way all the air from the fan in going into the rad and unit
    and im going to get rid of the thin tubing and the dripfree clips at the back of the unit that comes with it and run half inch tube straight into the pump and rad dubdvd-interior4.jpg .......then last but not least im putting a dangerden TDX waterblock on the cpu .....so what do you think ...will i leave it as it is and see can i get it fixed or will i tear the guts of it out and create and modded more powerful more quieter version of it .....???????or have just got to much time on my hands and not eoungh sense :rolleyes: :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

got it working now ....after 3 days of pulling my hair out :eek: ...but im still going to mod it up with a 120mm fan and and the dangerden waterblock and the half inch tubing and relay the power for the pump from the psu through a molex ...so panic is over and its not to loud when its on number one fan speed ...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

You stone cold nutter........................I bow to your tweaking tallents *lo*

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

hmmm 3days, that’s the only thing that’s stopping me from installing mine; don’t think I could do 2-3 days without my pc (having to much fun with it at the min).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

dubdvd wrote:
    got it working now ....after 3 days of pulling my hair out :eek: ...but im still going to mod it up with a 120mm fan and and the dangerden waterblock and the half inch tubing and relay the power for the pump from the psu through a molex ...so panic is over and its not to loud when its on number one fan speed ...

WOW 3 days , what turned out to be the problem???

well i was working so we say 3 evenings ...when i got it the steel plate at the back of the pci card that comes with it was rolled up which is hard to do as they are steel ..in the end i had to open the whole thing up pull in apart and but it back together "myway" and got it going .....first i copped that the preset shutdown temps where set at 20c ......so as the system starts up it shuts down cos it thought the cpu was overheating .....but before i could change the settings it would shut down ..that was only one of the problems i had .....i suppose i did go over the top ....it was,nt a full 3 days....but im gald it happened now cos i wont have modded it if it worked first time ...not bad now though :D

• Advertisement

What temps you getting with it???

idle @ about 33c and load @ about 40ish

that with ur cpu oc'd???

Advertisement