Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Frances the Mute'....

Options
  • 20-02-2005 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Just bought this, it seems damn nice so far, but anyone know what's up with the tracklist? According to the CD case there is 18 tracks but there only appears to be 12 on the album? :confused:

Edit: For anyone who cares: On further inspection it seems to go like this:

Cygnus...Vismund Cygnus - 13:02
    The Widow - 5:50
    L'Via L'Ciaquez - 12:21
    Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore - 13:09
    Cassandra Gemini I - 4:45
    Cassandra Gemini II - 6:40
    Cassandra Gemini III - 2:55
    Cassandra Gemini IV - 7:41
    Cassandra Gemini V - 4:59
    Cassandra Gemini VI - 3:48
    Cassandra Gemini VII - 0:46
    Cassandra Gemini VIII - 0:54

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yea i've got the 6 track version, I prefer the way Cassanda Gemini is all one song. The only thing i dont like about the album is some of the crap at the end of the songs. Widow is ruined for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

it was originally 5 tracks actually.... and legally, 5tracks is an ep, no matter how long it is, so they had to split it up, or else the record company could had demanded an extra album....

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

2+2=5 wrote:
    it was originally 5 tracks actually.... and legally, 5tracks is an ep, no matter how long it is, so they had to split it up, or else the record company could had demanded an extra album....

Mm, I thought it might have been something like that, but splitting it up into 8 tracks seems a bit...excessive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

oh you mean the parts of the songs? a, b, c, d..... thats just how they did it i guess... but its not 18 tracks... its 5 tracks... but they split it to 12 tracks so the record company wudnt try screw them

What I meant was that they could have just split the last track into two or three parts instead of 8....nothing to do with the "movements" within the song.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they're artists dude..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I know this is a bit belated, but, I just bought the album today.

The track listings on the back of my case says:
    "Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus
    -A. Sarcophagi
    -B. Umbilical Syllables
    -C. Facilis Descenus Averni
    -D. Con Safo

The Widow

L'via L'viaquez

Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore
    -A. Vade Mecum
    -B. Pour Another Icepick
    -C. Pisacis (Phra-Men-Ma)
    -D. Con Safo

Cassandra Geminni
    -A. Tarantism
    -B. Plant A Nail In The Navel Stream
    -C. Faminepulse
    -D. Multiple Spouse Wounds
    -E. Sarcophagi"

I put the CD into WMP, and all the songs appeared as suggested by the case's tracklisting, but it left out of the last three parts (C, D, E of Cassandra Geminni).

Does that mean the CD is missing three tracks :/ Or what?
    Coz like, my listing is totally different from Scratch Acid.
    I'm so confuzzled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

nah quank, that happened to me too, its the the auto name thingy screwed up

this is what i put in:
    01 Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus
    02 The Widow
    03 L'via L'viaquez
    04 Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore
    05 Cassandra Gemini: Tarantism
    06 Cassandra Gemini: Plant A Nail In The Navel Stream
    07 Cassandra Gemini: Faminepulse
    08 Cassandra Gemini: Interlude 1?
    09 Cassandra Gemini: Interlude 2?
    10 Cassandra Gemini: Interlude 3?
    11 Cassandra Gemini: Multiple Spouse Wounds
    12 Cassandra Gemini: Sarcophagi

about those interlude ones, if you look under the cd in the case, there is a piece called frances the mute with 3 parts. could this be the unnamed interludes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I think its a great album, and the track lists havent really bothered me that much. However, I'm a bit more inclined towards "Deloused in the Comatorium" (Sp?)

01 Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus
    02 The Widow
    03 L'via L'viaquez
    04 Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore
    05 Cassandra Gemini: Tarantism
    06 Cassandra Gemini: Plant A Nail In The Navel Stream
    07 Cassandra Gemini: Faminepulse
    08 Cassandra Gemini: Interlude 1?
    09 Cassandra Gemini: Interlude 2?
    10 Cassandra Gemini: Interlude 3?
    11 Cassandra Gemini: Multiple Spouse Wounds
    12 Cassandra Gemini: Sarcophagi

Cassandra Gemini is split up into 8 parts, Tracks 5-12. The parts don't necessarily correspond to the movements.

about those interlude ones, if you look under the cd in the case, there is a piece called frances the mute with 3 parts. could this be the unnamed interludes?

The track 'Frances the Mute' isn't on the album. It will be the B-side of the 'The Widow' single, which is due out on March 14th IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I think its a great album, and the track lists havent really bothered me that much.

I know they're not that important, however, I'd like to know the names of the tracks, just so I could be able to refer to the songs by their proper titles, y'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I think Frances the Mute's a real disappointment - it just sounds like they took far too much acid when they were making it - L'via... is the only track I like on the entire damn thing.

Which is a shame because Deloused in the Comatorium was absolutely fantastic! It just seems to be like they really grabbed the wrong end of the stick with this one - I have no interest in listening to traffic noises for 5 mins in the middle of an album... (OK - its probably only a minute of traffic noises, but you get the idea...)

I have no interest in listening to traffic noises for 5 mins in the middle of an album... (OK - its probably only a minute of traffic noises, but you get the idea...)

Same here, but I can forgive them this when they write something as f*cking amazing as the chorus of 'Cassandra Gemini' or the intro to 'Cygnus...'

quank wrote:
    I know they're not that important, however, I'd like to know the names of the tracks, just so I could be able to refer to the songs by their proper titles, y'know?

I didnt mean that to sound like an attck on your post, sorry. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

**** me.

That iks a brilliant album.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

i was gonna post and say that im unhappy with the album, but im in the middle of properly listening to 'cassandra........' and its absolutely fantastic. its no de-loused, but its a damn good album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Trick Pie

I think Frances the Mute's a real disappointment - it just sounds like they took far too much acid when they were making it
    Apparently, they stopped the acid-taking for the making of Frances. De-Loused is the acid album.

I love both.

Trick Pie wrote:
    Apparently, they stopped the acid-taking for the making of Frances. De-Loused is the acid album.

I love both.

In that case they should take more acid. Both albums are great bu de-loused is the better one. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Trick Pie

In that case they should take more acid. Both albums are great bu de-loused is the better one. IMO
    I prefer Frances. I don't know why... I think it's a little more accessible or something.

Trick Pie wrote:
    I prefer Frances. I don't know why... I think it's a little more accessible or something.

:) Its ironic cos thats the same reason I prefer De-Loused.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Yeah De-Loused was a lot more consistant. It's different though.

Advertisement