Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Murphy For Entertainments Officer

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Ed, nice work on the thread. If only all the SU candidates could set up a similar thread on the site!

In defence of the other candidates, we've all got a lot of other things on our minds at the moment. The past week has been incredibly difficult for all of us. I've been in at 7.30 every morning, not leaving until after 8 or 9 pm. If you look, i think most of my posts have either been made late in the evening or really early in the morning(except one i made from the computer room in health sciences the other day).
    That said, i don't regret any of it so far (i'd expect that all the other candidates will echo that), it's been really tough emotionally, physically and financially but there's only a couple more days and i'm just looking forward to having a lie down whatever happens. Expect to see me wandering around like a zombie on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Ed wrote:
    In defence of the other candidates, we've all got a lot of other things on our minds at the moment. The past week has been incredibly difficult for all of us. I've been in at 7.30 every morning, not leaving until after 8 or 9 pm. If you look, i think most of my posts have either been made late in the evening or really early in the morning(except one i made from the computer room in health sciences the other day).
    That said, i don't regret any of it so far (i'd expect that all the other candidates will echo that), it's been really tough emotionally, physically and financially but there's only a couple more days and i'm just looking forward to having a lie down whatever happens. Expect to see me wandering around like a zombie on wednesday.

Well, best of luck! In terms of the health sciences building's lack of a common room, is that in the one already built, or the second phase which is being built? I hope we can get some kind of common room in the second building. Would the ents officer have any kind of input into that? I know the Vets got a common room in their building when they put the foot down, but I don't know how far along the building was when this happened.

The ents office would have no control over stuff like that, with the exception of sending an e-mail in saying "leave space for the students to sit and have a banter!" In relation to the health sciences, i'm talking about the one that's already in use. Hopefully there'll be somewhere nice to sit and have a chat with your classmates in the second phase.

Hey, just a quick reminder that voting starts tomorrow in the faculties below. I'd really appreciate any help you folks could give; voting, telling your friends to vote etc. Thanks
    Ed

Monday 28th February

AGRICULTURE 10:30 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Agriculture students

ARTS 18:30 – 21:45 Hrs
    All students from all faculties may vote at this time as can UCDSU Sabbatical Officers and subscription-paying non-studying SU members

CARYSFORT 10:30 – 17:00 Hrs
    All postgraduate Commerce

EARLSFORT TERRACE 11:00 – 16:00 Hrs
    Whoever’s there! Any student presenting a valid UCD Student Card will be accommodated if at all possible.

RICHVIEW 10:30 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Architecture students

VETERINARY MEDICINE 10:00 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Veterinary Medicine students

Tuesday 1st March

ARTS (Morning/Afternoon) 10:00 – 18:30 Hrs
    All Arts, Human Sciences and Sports Management students as well as UCDSU Sabbatical Officers and subscription-paying non-studying SU members.

ARTS (Evening) 18:30 – 21:45 Hrs
    All students from all faculties may vote at this time as can UCDSU Sabbatical Officers and subscription-paying non-studying SU members.

COMMERCE 10:00 – 17:00 Hrs
    All undergraduate Commerce. 2nd,3rd & 4th Year Business & Legal Studies. 2nd, 3rd & 4th year Actuarial & Finance.

EARLSFORT TERRACE 10:00 – 17:00 hrs
    All 1st Engineering, 4th Agriculture & Food, 4th Civil and 1st & 2nd Medicine.

ENGINEERING 10:00 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Engineering students (except those listed above) shall vote here.

HEALTH SCIENCES 10:00 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Nursing and Physiotherapy students

ROEBUCK 10:00 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Law and 1st Business and Legal Studies.

SCIENCE 10:00 – 17:00 Hrs
    All Science as well as 1st Actuarial & Finance,1st Agriculture, Foundation Medicine, 1st & 4th Radiography.

ST VINCENT’S/ MATER To Be Confirmed
    Probable polling times from 11:00 to 16:00 Hrs. Any input from candidates would be much appreciated. Any student presenting a valid UCD Student Card will be accommodated if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Thanks for the info Ed, I hadn't realised it was spread over two days like that. Good luck today and tomorrow, you have my vote!untitled1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Yes good luck to you as well. One of your opponents claims to be able to bring Groove Armada and 2ManyDJ's - which i very much doubt. I'll be voting for ya.

(Should we get an engineering vote-vigilante gang going?!?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Just curious but why do you have a picture of yourself under a hand drying machine thing in the toilets in your pamphlet? seems a tad...odd?

I just gave my designer a load of different pictures and he picked that one, personally i wouldn't have but i'm not the most objective person on stuff like that so i just let him decide.
    Red Alert- Vigilantes aren't necessary but any help with convincing friends etc. would be muchly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

You have my vote anyway!You're the only one of the candidates I've met that seems to be a genuinely nice guy and the only one who has a remotely feasible election manifesto.Good luck Ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ed, important question for you. Your campaging tactics. I noticed yesterday a completely radical camagning tactic was adopted by you. This tactic was plastering your face all over the mens toilets in the Arts block. It has alot of positives and negatives but with people having to stare at your face when they are taking a dump is a bit well ... uncomfortable. :eek: Ws this your idea or was it someone elses?

I'm heading over to vote for you soon .. go Ed!

P.S. Its a pity you didn't go for education because your slogan could have been the brilliant ED 4 EDucation! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ed wrote:
    Red Alert- Vigilantes aren't necessary but any help with convincing friends etc. would be muchly appreciated.
    Aww, that could have been fun! :p Saw a few "vote for Ed" slogans written up on the blackboards in eng today.

Advertisement