Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never seen Quake

Options
  • 20-02-2005 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I keep hearing about this game. I have never seen a demo of it. Where can i play or see a demo ? I have virtually no experience of gaming and do not own a joystick. Is this a problem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭plenderj

The Quake engine has gone from Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3 and then into Doom3.
    Take a look here :)http://www.idsoftware.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

http://equake.quakeworld.nu/

you can download a version of Quake here.... plus some online mods..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Hey BugBlaster - Do you still play qw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

nah havent played it for ages, thou the lil mini lan of the three pcs here at home are fine for a game of the Equake. Mainly play Enemy Territory and Counterstrike source these days, still same ole nick
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

BugBlaster wrote:
    nah havent played it for ages

No kidding! That's some join date you got there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Well I've fixed up my connection so that I can play qw online now, pleuraXeraphim and I are going to try and setup and irish clan. If anyone's interested (old skool or new skool), you're welcome to join. It's just for fun, if we get enough people we can just practice amongst ourselves for a bit then put the top 6 or 7 forward for tournis if it takes off. Any skill welcome tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I started playing Quake in 1998 and stopped about 8 months ago but have been meaning to get back into it...will play under a new nick though I guess.

I'll get it sorted this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I am MAN wrote:
    I started playing Quake in 1998 and stopped about 8 months ago but have been meaning to get back into it...will play under a new nick though I guess.

I'll get it sorted this week :)

Why a new nick? I don't think anyone's going to care what nick you play it under tbh :)

I'm on #qw.ie and #quake.ie on ign.ie.quakenet.org when I'm free to play qw, if I don't respond I'm probably in-game.

Advertisement