Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP & ds games

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Which launch games are you going to buy for PSP

Heres the list:
    Ape Escape: On the Loose, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Capcom
    Dynasty Warriors, KOEI
    FIFA 2005, Electronic Arts
    Gretzky NHL, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Lumines, Ubisoft
    Metal Gear Acid, Konami
    Mercury
    MLB, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    MVP Baseball, Electronic Arts
    NBA, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    NBA Street Showdown, Electronic Arts
    Need for Speed Rivals, Electronic Arts
    NFL Street 2 Unleashed, Electronic Arts
    Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, Konami
    Ridge Racer, Namco
    Smartbomb, Eidos Interactive
    Spider-Man 2, Activision
    Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, Electronic Arts
    Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Activision
    Twisted Metal: Head On, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Sony Online Entertainment
    Wipeout Pure, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    World Tour Soccer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Im getting Mercury, FIFA, and Wipeout.

Also ill post something about the DS so that this thread cant be moved to playstation board.
    I think i will buy a Nintendo DS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

L5 wrote:
    Which launch games are you going to buy for PSP

Heres the list:
    Ape Escape: On the Loose, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower, Capcom
    Dynasty Warriors, KOEI
    FIFA 2005, Electronic Arts
    Gretzky NHL, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Lumines, Ubisoft
    Metal Gear Acid, Konami
    Mercury
    MLB, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    MVP Baseball, Electronic Arts
    NBA, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    NBA Street Showdown, Electronic Arts
    Need for Speed Rivals, Electronic Arts
    NFL Street 2 Unleashed, Electronic Arts
    Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory, Konami
    Ridge Racer, Namco
    Smartbomb, Eidos Interactive
    Spider-Man 2, Activision
    Tiger Woods PGA TOUR, Electronic Arts
    Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Activision
    Twisted Metal: Head On, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade, Sony Online Entertainment
    Wipeout Pure, Sony Computer Entertainment America
    World Tour Soccer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Im getting Mercury, FIFA, and Wipeout.

Also ill post something about the DS so that this thread cant be moved to playstation board.
    I think i will buy a Nintendo DS.
    ill buy Mercury, FIFA, and Wipeout. and tony hawks or need for speed rivals

im thinking of getting nfs rivals when it lauches in japan i know a fella in japan who will send it to me should i wait for the american launch or buy it right away

any body hear good stuff about it or all bad

i heard Dynasty Warriors, KOEI is very good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Ape Escape and Twisted Metal look good. Twisted Metal games are great in multiplayer, single player is only ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

L5 wrote:

Good man yerself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

That's a lot of release games for the PSP. There are very few (in comparison) release games for the DS.

(See I made it relevant!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Quality > Quantity :D

Yep, a good few release titles. I have not seen anything on twisted metal but I used to love those games so that would be cool if they did it well.
    Also , I really like the NFL Street games, although, that's infront of a big TV with 4 friends and some nachos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Quality > Quantity :D
    Touche. One(?) word: WarioWare. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Though I'm definitely not getting either handhelds with the current game line ups(that could change with a portable parappa game) from that list I'd most likely buy Twisted Metal, lumines, wipeout and Ridge Racer. On the point of quality over quantity, Sony are just hitting their target market.....It's not like nintendo aren't doing the same with the DS, saying that the DS launch lineup is looking somewhat better to me.

Just saw ridge racer in action, well impressed by the screen quality, game seems pretty cool. The size of the thing was hugely exaggerated, it isn't as big as I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I already have Lumines and ridge racer,

I cant wait for Untold Legends, then its a choice between everyone golf (or whatever the english translation is) or Metal gear

Metal Gear looks pertty dodge, card based play WTF is going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Rew wrote:
    Metal Gear looks pertty dodge, card based play WTF is going on there?
    No doubt it'll get a good review on ign and sell bucketloads regardless of how ridiculous it is....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For PSP I'll get Mercury, lumines and maybe Metal Gear depending on reviews.

For the DS I'll get wario ware and Mario DS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got WarioWare on jap launch, its super sweet!
    Still trying to get al the gold crowns!
    That girl still has a runny nose though, Silly Woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Already have SM64 DS Jap & US (don't ask). Not bothered about any other DS launch titles, but MUST absolutely have SMKart DS & Meteos as soon as released.

Meantime, I have a Supercard on the way from Hobbyshop (should be here today, yay!), can't wait to start tinkering with avis, mp3s & emulators ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Know what you mean but I want some new games now goddamnit!
    And not just rehashes of N64 games either, although a sequel to Blastcore would be pretty fine!
    The surgery game looks good, as does the new Yoshi game, how about a new Pilotwings title?
    I fear my PSP will overshadow the console however when I finally get mine from DVDsoon, only 180 euro! Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Mario DS and Wario-ware Touched are definitely coming home with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Super Mario 64 DS owns, and I can't wait for WarioWare... Anyone starting to see a pattern with DS owners here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

We are a lot cooler than those with PSPs? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i have now the best games for the psp now

lumines
    ridge racer
    hotshots golf
    vampire game

im also getting need for speed underground rivals

the best game for me is ridge racer its class the drifting etc great graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I've Mario 64, Tiger Woods and the demos of Warioware & Metroid on the ds.

Tiger woods has got some pretty bad reviews but pay no attention the game is really addictive but I must say without the touch screen contols for hitting the ball it wouldn't be half as fun so if its a direct port to the psp it mightn't be great. Its my favourite ds game so far. I've gotten 35 stars on mario and I'm not too pushed if I finish it to be honest. Do more mini games become available if you complete the game, kirby?

I'm not too impressed with metroid but I never like the gamecube versions either because they were awfully repetitive.

Does anyone know if Pro evo is coming out on the ds, if so when? When should we be expecting a fifa 05 release?

Kind of off topic but whats mario kart on the gba like because I might buy it to play on the ds.

The further you go, the more minigames you unlock.
    You have to catch the rabbits in and around the castle to unlock more minigames.
    I'm not too impressed with metroid but I never like the gamecube versions either because they were awfully repetitive.
    /me slaps Nephew... Metroid Prime is in fact the best game ever.
    Kind of off topic but whats mario kart on the gba like because I might buy it to play on the ds.
    Absolutely savage. You unlock the SNES tracks when you score star ratings on the Super Circuit tracks. Including the classic Rainbow Road. Yum.

• Advertisement

I cleared over 45% of Metroid Prime then I stopped playing it for a couple of months and I tried to get back into it but it was just impossible to do. It was pretty samey from what I had played so I wasn't arsed starting over.

But are the mini games actually worth playing on for

I'm not that bothered with them, but my little sister is mad about them. If you want minigames, get WarioWare Touched imho.

I've spent more time playing the Luigi card game than the actual game, its pretty addictive.

I'm not overly impressed with warioware touched. It seems like the kind of game you'd play for a couple of weeks then maybe play it for ten minutes when one of your mates calls up.

re. the Luigi card game (second one, is it?), I know exactly what you mean, Nephew - me too :D

Oh, and get yourself one of these if you want GBA games on your DS - it works fine on mine. ;)

ambro25 wrote:
    Oh, and get yourself one of these if you want GBA games on your DS - it works fine on mine. ;)

Yeah I have one (a more expensive one though) works fine but not every flash kcart works with the DS as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

i know there'll be a BombermanDS, but will there be a BombermanPSP??

i hope so:)

Rew wrote:
    Yeah I have one (a more expensive one though) works fine but not every flash kcart works with the DS as far as I know.

Well, I've got a CANON FC, a no-brand FC and a SANDISK FC, and they all work fine. So far as I know, all FC work (some better, i.e. faster, than others) BUT not every game works - best info source I have found so far about that is here. Tried mp3 for a laugh, and it sounds actually OK (better than a tape-based Walkman, put it that way ;) ). Not tried video yet, though.

Well...y'see... I'm no DS fanboy but, in anticipation of regular posts to come of the "PSP is for grown ups, what-a-screen, lookit-all-these-big-franchises, etc" type, it's nice to know we're getting some multiplayer titles big on quality gameplay (Bomberman DS, Mario Kart DS) for sure rather than graphics razzmatazz :D

There's one (big) reason why I still haven't forked out for a PSP yet (I would have, and I really would have, but...): how little information SONY is (deliberately?) trickling out, or rather, what SONY isn't saying yet (on region coding, releases, single-UMD multiplayer, etc, etc.).

Contrast that with how much info Nintendo's been splashing everywhere it can, with road shows an' all: I'd have expected Sony to be doing this before Nintendo's got a chance to make the mass market aware of their DS.

ambro25 wrote:
    Well, I've got a CANON FC, a no-brand FC and a SANDISK FC, and they all work fine. So far as I know, all FC work (some better, i.e. faster, than others) BUT not every game works - best info source I have found so far about that is here. Tried mp3 for a laugh, and it sounds actually OK (better than a tape-based Walkman, put it that way ;) ). Not tried video yet, though.

Actually mines just a straight flash games cart not CF TO GBA.

Rew wrote:
    Actually mines just a straight flash games cart not CF TO GBA.

Ah, right - got you!

I used to have a Flashlinker back in the days (wayyy B4 the SP came out), sold it via the EDGE (magazine) Forum at the time (before it went t*ts up) and had a right old wordfest with the Mods there about the legality of it all, etc, etc...

After I got my 1st DS @ Xmas, I wanted a way of using my GBA carts on DS & avoid lugging all the carts about + not be lumbered by legacy system (Flashlinkers, bespoke carts etc.). So I had a look and found that 'SuperCard' thingie - great, thought I, I can use same removable (cheap) cards in my camera, mp3 player, SP and DS :D . So I took a gamble (the whole thing still looks a bit shambly, I must admit) and guess what - delivered in Dublin in 4 days and the thing does exactly what it says on the tin...erm...box! Well chuffed, to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im looking to get a nintendo DS and warioware. Whats the cheapest price im gonna get ?

If its of a different region im gonna need some sort of power converter am I ?

Advertisement