Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica or Megadeth

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Who's better. Megadeth for me are way better than metallica. They have better songs and riffs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Ive been getting really addicted to youthanasia recently , its a brilliant album , but i think all in all im more of a metallica person , just rather their music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I dunno, i consider them to be equally good in some ways, but the most important thing is, metallica after the black album (maybe even load) is not worth considering, while megadeth have some sort of consistency and dont sound like they have run out of steam.

But i consider megadeth to have 2 classic albums, while metallica would have 3. Metallica have Kill Em All, Master Of Puppets and take a pick from RTL, AJFA and the black album, while megadeth have Peace Sells and Rust In Peace. Im not saying the rest of their stuff is rubbish; its good, but not brilliant. IMO of course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

now : megadeth
    before : metallica
    before that : metallica

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Megadeth all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Metallica all the way!

I do like Megadeth, but in the case of them and Metallica, Megadeth have a handfull of good songs IMO but Metallica have much more!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

the thing is megadeth dont have any albums that are just awful
    metallica do :eek:

mayordenis wrote:
    the thing is megadeth dont have any albums that are just awful
    metallica do :eek:
    Not quite true. Metallica have more albums that are awful than Megadeth (So Far... So Good... So What).

So Far... So Good... So What? was a decent album I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Megadeth.
    I have seen both about 4 times and megadeth has always been more fun.
    Plus the Metallica corporation kinda killed the love I had for Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Metallica have more good songs. They're both good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Hmmmm....doesn't matter really they are pretty similar depnds whether you're comparing their whole music catalogues or just what's good about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Yea i agree with trigger here , megadeth do have some excellent songs , but on the whole i think metallica have way more , like if i was going on a long journey and had to choose between a metallica album or a megadeth album , id choose metallica every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

eh...MEGADETH...tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Megadeth
    I think Metallica probably have the better drummer but Megadeth have the best riffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I like them both equally. The whole sell out thing doesnt take up my every living moment when listening to any group unlike some ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Metallica are better in my opinion.

yeah....'sell out'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Megadeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

if you know anything about music, you'd pick megadeth

Kitsune wrote:
    I think Metallica probably have the better drummer.
    No way... Ulrich is probably one of the most average drummers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

mp3guy wrote:
    if you know anything about music, you'd pick megadeth

That's such a stupid comment that I don't know where to begin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Megadeth

That's such a stupid comment that I don't know where to begin.
    He has a point though...

Mustaine writes the music, Metallica rips it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Not quite true. Metallica have more albums that are awful than Megadeth (So Far... So Good... So What).

So Far, So Good is a ****ing great album - Into The Lungs Of Hell, Set The World Afire, Liar, In My Darkest Hour, etc Are these awful songs? :confused:

I think not.

Megadeth do have one album that truly sucks ball and it goes by the name of Risk. That particular piece of shyte has no redeeming features and it stands shoulder to shoulder with Metallica's worst.

To sum up both bands, initially four legendary albums each, then they both veered towards commerciality and Metallica never made it back. Megadeth redeemed themselves IMO, Metallica R.I.P.

Doctor J wrote:
    To sum up both bands, initially four legendary albums each, then they both veered towards commerciality and Metallica never made it back. Megadeth redeemed themselves IMO, Metallica R.I.P.
    True. Oh, and megadeth are generally better musicians IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Megadeth have some brilliant songs but Metallica have great songs(nothing else matters eetc...)

I've yet to hear a megadeth song that had the wow factor for me yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

heh I like Risk. I'm sure it'd probably have been more popular under a different band name.

And haha, even Chuck Behler is better than Ulrich, and he was Deths worst drummer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Chuck was actually a ****ing great drummer, I had the privelege of seeing him play live, the man was no slouch. The problem was Paul Lani, the producer, had him play the drums separately from the cymbals on So Far, So Good, So What, so it would record cleaner. That's a totally unnatural thing for a drummer to do, imagine being told to play the guitar one string at a time. The end result is a cleaner drum sound but totally devoid of spontenaity and all the good things a live drummer brings to a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I retract my comment so :) I never saw them live back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'd probably say Metallica but only just.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

its simple Megadeth rock metallica were great untill they became money grabbing comercial idiots basically the release of the black album was the end of metallica

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement