Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica or Megadeth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion

hahahahaha...wow, you must be some musician!!!hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

:D ah System rule!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭snoopish

Metallica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

hahahahaha...wow, you must be some musician!!!hahaha

+1

Love the sarcasm, man!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

can't people make stupid comments without it being commented on jeez!
    hahahahahaha!musician hahahahahah!!
    subtle.

oh ya btw my post was so OTT cos i was just pissed off by oh so and so are so much better i think metallica are better though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I'm not taking sides. Personally I dislike both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 *Slash*

Metallica are far better than mustaine and Co.!!! mustaine knows absolutley nothin about music!!!!!!!!!!!! I even read an interview where he sed he knows nothin, he sed he only knows a few chords cant read sheet music and doesnt no anythin bout REAL music as he taught himself and never bothered his hole to learn how to write proper music!!!!!!!!! his solos and general playin is just masturbating on the fretboard and 4 sum reason feels the need to play 5,000 notes a second!!!!!!

as 4 the whole metallica rippin off mustaine, dya ever think the reason all mustaines stuff sound like kill 'em all is because it was him dat was influenced by metalllica and he hasnt managed to move on and still churns out the same stuff 20 years later!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

*Slash* wrote:
    Metallica are far better than mustaine and Co.!!! mustaine knows absolutley nothin about music!!!!!!!!!!!! I even read an interview where he sed he knows nothin, he sed he only knows a few chords cant read sheet music and doesnt no anythin bout REAL music as he taught himself and never bothered his hole to learn how to write proper music!!!!!!!!! his solos and general playin is just masturbating on the fretboard and 4 sum reason feels the need to play 5,000 notes a second!!!!!!

as 4 the whole metallica rippin off mustaine, dya ever think the reason all mustaines stuff sound like kill 'em all is because it was him dat was influenced by metalllica and he hasnt managed to move on and still churns out the same stuff 20 years later!!!!!!!!!

Whatever about having an opinion but this is borderline blasphemy in my book! Jesus, get a grip, you obviously know nothing about Megadeth so don't try it... :rolleyes:

Metallica rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Slash* wrote:
    his solos and general playin is just masturbating on the fretboard and 4 sum reason feels the need to play 5,000 notes a second!!!!!!
    As regards fast solos:
    One
    Puppetz
    Trapped Under Ice
    Battery
    Damage Inc
    Creeping Death...

Those are just some examples of Hammet solo's where he **** the shíte out of the fretboard so don't come here and try to diss Mustaine for playin some ferociously fast guitar solo's because Metallica try to rival him with Hammet's solo's that come near the "5.000 notes a second" area as you describe it as. You close minded asshole.

• Advertisement

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Metallica rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So do Megadeth.

yea so do metallica , what do ya want me to do about it ??

ders a difference between hammetts and mustaines solos! hammett bases his solos on actual musical theory, scales/arpeggios and the like mustaine just plays random notes that make no sense

I didn't ask you to do anything about it... What would you like to do about it? You expressed your opinion and I reacted by doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Droogie wrote:
    As regards fast solos:
    One
    Puppetz
    Trapped Under Ice
    Battery
    Damage Inc
    Creeping Death...

Those are just some examples of Hammet solo's where he **** the shíte out of the fretboard so don't come here and try to diss Mustaine for playin some ferociously fast guitar solo's because Metallica try to rival him with Hammet's solo's that come near the "5.000 notes a second" area as you describe it as. You close minded asshole.

ah now c'mon
    a hell of a lot of solos could be called fretboard **** but just because a solo is fast doesnt mean that its just
    "**** of a fretboard"

metallica are gods
    nuff said
    megadeth are pretty darn good too theres no questioning that
    but if your going to start talking bout fretboard **** go listen to slayer

*Slash* wrote:
    ders a difference between hammetts and mustaines solos! hammett bases his solos on actual musical theory, scales/arpeggios and the like mustaine just plays random notes that make no sense

Thats completely false. He may say that he doesn't base them on any theory but to say that he plays random notes that make no sense is completely ridiculous. It's so cowardly the way people hide behind these names on the internet when you would never ever have the balls to express your opinion to such a man as Mustaine if you met him in the flesh. You'd be one of the cocksuckers that would kiss his ass and pretend to be a fan. By the way, I have news for you, Kirk bases all of his solo's on about three or four different scales. Go and buy yourself a copy of Rust in Peace and then come back and tell me that Mustaine's solo's are just "random notes that make no sense".

if your going to start talking bout fretboard **** go listen to slayer

Finally, some sense in this argument! :p

Ha go metalfish!

I believe that playing fast has got nothing to do with whether a solo is good or not. To corroberate this fact and show that Mustaine has got so much expression in his solo's, check out She-Wolf on Rude Awakening, the DvD. This stuff is just about the best jam i've ever seen. It's better than anything i've ever seen Metallica do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Metallica but sometimes, you gotta stand up for Mustaine and Co, because they are consistantly underrated and in the shadow of Metallica...

i have rust in peace and its alright at best! mustaine is a fool ders no way id @pretend to be a fan" as u put it! did ya never hear him the sh*te he talks, he cant go through a interview without goin on bout metallica and ****in 20 years ago! if he 4got bout the past he mite come up wit sumthin half decent! and back to the theory argument u obviousy dont no wat ur talkin bout! u go through 10 years of studyin classical music and come bac and we'll finish dis argument!!!!!!!!1

• Advertisement

*Slash* wrote:
    did ya never hear him the sh*te he talks, he cant go through a interview without goin on bout metallica and ****in 20 years ago! if he 4got bout the past he mite come up wit sumthin half decent! and back to the theory argument u obviousy dont no wat ur talkin bout! u go through 10 years of studyin classical music and come bac and we'll finish dis argument!!!!!!!!1

erm ...did ya know james was the same too
    he didnt learn classically at all ...didnt know cords for a good while either he just took it up as it came along
    james is a god ..dont get me wrong
    but dont go slagging off other people (dave) unless ya know what the story is

erm ...did ya know james was the same too
    he didnt learn classically at all ...didnt know cords for a good while either he just took it up as it came along
    james is a god ..dont get me wrong
    but dont go slagging off other people (dave) unless ya know what the story is

Exactly. I read an interview with Mustaine recently and he was asked a question about Metallica, he answered it and then asked not to be asked about Metallica for the rest of the interview. Sure he can be an asshole but to question his integrity as a musician is wrong. You obviously just can't appreciate his talent.

Mustaine is a deadly musician , i really like both but push come to shove id pick metallica :)

Droogie wrote:
    You obviously just can't appreciate his talent.

exactly yeah i agree but i hope that wasnt aimed at me because i wouldnt doubt daves talent either but all in all i would agree with oldyellar too

megadeth are brilliant but metallica are gods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i think the're both great.

i think its BS the way Mustaine gets so much crap from some people. AFAIK, he wrote most of the kickass riffs on Kill.

i guess I prefer metallica, but id gladly swop all metallica post 91 for early Megadeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Quik

metallica cannot be disputed as the kings but megadeth are a close second purely because they try too hard to beat metallica at their own game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Hammett_rules

ah now c'mon

Or Yngwie Malmsteen...But he makes **** a beautyful art...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

don't even go there sister, slayer are better than either band.....their solos are great, for good riffs carcass are best....this metallica vs megadeath.......neither are the best at anything....they just have different qualities which are surpassed in every way by other bands.
    when slayer and slipknots drummer played with metallica,finally no weakness! well maybe the singing these days....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

don't even go there sister, slayer are better than either band.....their solos are great,

Hahahahahaha....most of Slayers solos are rubbish.
    'Calm down Kerrie,.....we believed you when you said you know how to work a tremolo!'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hahahahahaha....most of Slayers solos are rubbish.
    'Calm down Kerrie,.....we believed you when you said you know how to work a tremolo!'
    Just about as bad as listening to Kirk going "WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH, WAH" with all of his solos tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement