Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Kind Of Monster

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

Have you seen this documentary yet? If you haven't you should really watch it. It's very well done. I don't like Metallica much but I thought it was really well done out.
    Plus there's a little clip of Linkin Park............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I was mad to see it but never have , where abouts could i get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

Sound Cellar has copies, iirc

deadly thanx , might be up in dublin the weekend , cool

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭toffo

Check out Iron Maiden The Early Years, much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pedro_el_killio

HMV and Golden Discs have it too....and where are linkin park in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Saw it in the cinema. I wasn't exactly expecting an action packed movie, but i still found it kinda boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Theres not enough music in it, well the classics anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I laughed at all the wrong times like with Lars's dad and anytime Hammett said anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭irokie

lars' dad saying "i think this is crap" was pretty fun to see...

also, he's like some sort of scary norse hippy thing. sweet.

how much is it anyway ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    how much is it anyway ?
    about €25ish. it's relatively new. it's probably cheaper online...

ah thats not too bad! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i thoguht it was hilarious when james was saying how he didnt want his opinion being disregarded and hammet said thats how i felt for the last 15years and lars and james ignore him and continue arguing. classic cinema moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Static-SC

I thought it was fairly crap... I couldn't wait to see it and when i did it was a complete let down... :(

I heard it a little boring , still mad to see it though , cant wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

dimerocks wrote:
    i thoguht it was hilarious when james was saying how he didnt want his opinion being disregarded and hammet said thats how i felt for the last 15years and lars and james ignore him and continue arguing. classic cinema moment

ROFL :D

yay watched it last night , i thought it was pretty good , james was really getting the door slamming down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Saw it at the cinema, then bought the DVD, excellent, very funny documentary. The deleted scenes are good, especially when Lars puts his foot under Bob Rocks chair. ' Don't you ever do that again'.

I really didnt get why fans who had already bought and paid fo0r their metallica cd`s went out smashing their cd`s , they should of been delighted that Lars was making other people pay for them too :confused:
    They are a brilliant band I mean if they were proper fans something like that would`nt make them become non fans , wtf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

I think it was just the fact that they knew Metallica were mega rich superstars, so what was wrong with letting a few million or whatever people download their stuff for free. Sod the fact that it was Metallica who created the music, spent a lot of time and energy like any musician in making the very best they could. I'm with Lars, the principle is who were they to download their stuff for free.

• Advertisement
Advertisement