Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

hi guys.just a bit of help needed here.im trying to network a pc (running 98se)
    to a piece of equipment called an icebox(which is a fancy lcd screen with an ethernet connection on the back of the screen,im using the usual eircom modem(netopia cayman 3300 series)the modem is connected to the pc by usb(pc doesnt have an ethernet card)and u can set your broadband connection options on the lcd ie ip,subnet mask,gateway router,dns 1 address and dns2 adress..but im having no luck in getting them to communicate?..any ideas guys.i tried setting up a home network using ics on 98se using the modem but it wont give me enough options and therefor doesnt work..is it possible to use both usb and ethernet on the modem at the same time or am i missing something?..thanks in advance fellers.any help would be great

Advertisement