Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smurfit Business School

Options
  • 20-02-2005 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I'll be graduating with a B.Sc. Information Systems Development from the Faculty of Business at DIT this year.

I'm currently looking into the various programmes at the Smurfit School. Is there anyone here who attends or has attended the school who can advise on the programmes?

My degree is pretty much 50/50 in terms of IT versus Business subjects. When looking at a business course and it says that it is designed for non-business students should I disregard these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Would this get more attention in UCD forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It might. Should I move it for you?

Yes please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Well both myself and haruspurex are currently in Smurfit. There are a number of courses available to you in a related area. The main two are teh MBS in E-Commerce and the MBS in Information Systems, there's a high degree of overlap between the two and you're not pigeonholed too much because you've a decentr range of choice in terms of electives.

The DBS is even more general and also an option for you.

Check out the course descriptions and post back here if you've specific questions -

• Advertisement

Dragging up an old thread of mine. Sorry.

What's the job prospects like after the MBS. Do employers come in looking for people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

As far as I know they tend to... most tend to have employment secure before finishing the exams anyway...

Also, is there free parking for students?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Yes. I have no idea how difficult it is to get a parking space there though.

Is there anybody on this forum in Smurfit or are they all buried in the books atm?

• Advertisement
Advertisement