Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sagem tones...

Options
  • 20-02-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

my irda port is functioning grand (allegedly) and i want to use it to transfer pics and tones between my laptop and my mobile but i dont think i have the right software... i dont know really how to use the ir port to transfer files to mobiles so i need help!! i may actually be having problems with the ir port but i'll work that out sooner or later! anyhoo, i've a sagem myx5-2 and a "compaq armada m700" with an "smc - ircc fast infrared device" if that helps...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You don't mention which OS you've got, but in Windows XP (if everything is setup ok and the phone is in range) you'll have an icon on the taskbar you can click on to open a dialog box that allows you to send stuff to your phone.
    Afaik previous windows versions have had something similar.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have used the ir port on my toshiba 2450 and sagem for pics tones ect.
    It didn't work the first time but after a few tries it was ok.
    Just make sure to have them near enough to register and if you are running Win xp it should pick it up ok.
    Also make sure the ir port on your laptop is enabled too!
    you should then be able to drag & drop files to the fone

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

thanks for the replies... after a little troubleshooting i figured out that the wrong ir drivers were installed (my uncles laptop) and when i used the other of 2 on the system i had no problems. i have xp pro btw (i couldn't drag and drop though so i had to use software from sagem....)... so now i have a new question! the midi ringtones i used to use that worked so well on nokias sound **** on the myx5-2 so i was wondering if anyone knew where to get free sagem polyphonic and truetones? i'll edit the title.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

try www.ringtonenation.com/wap
    on your fone or
    www.polyphonicringtonez.com/wap

both are free and have loads of good tones

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

are they specifically sagem? or not... cause i find that normal midi tones used for nokias etc sound awful on the sagem...

• Advertisement
Advertisement