Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving your classic ?

• 21-02-2005 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

So when you don't want to drive your classic - or it can't move under it's own steam :D ) - what do you use to move it from place to place ?

Transporter Trailer ?
    A-Frame ?
    Towing Dolly ?

Got any pics of your trailer/frame/dolly 'in action' ? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I use my transporter - similar - but a bit better than the one shown. Its a double axle with its own brakes. The lights are giving me grief at the moment - am going to replace the entire light units and electrical circuit on it.
    I bought it new - even if it has lots of surface rust on it. :o
    I mainly have to tow cars which have no current insurance on them as they all drive under their own steam.
    I am considering fitting a winch to it though to cater for vehicles that don't start.
    I tow it with my trusty VW Caddy van. :cool:
    I will post a pic of my 'rig' on here soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

we use our trailer

This pic was taken a few months ago, in the dark with a land rover rolling chassis on board

flatbed.jpg

Since then it's been off the road for some re-working and has just recently re-emerged with the axles in the middle of the trailer as opposed to offset to the rear.

has been towed by a trooper, terrano, 406, 405 and laguna

with a car on the back each time (ok the 405 only towed the rolling chassis)

great investment but being 14 foot long not including the drawbar does make it a pain to store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Moving your classic.............. :cool:

Advertisement