Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whose your favorite Doctor?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

... *falls on his knees and thanks his cousins who are sending it right now* ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

The Autons, who'd have thought, right back to 1970 and Jon Pertwees first episode, and then the other Auton one, from which a particularily cool scene seems to have been recreated in the new series (season 30, anyone?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Hmmmm part of me wouldn't mind seeing this leaked copy, part of me wouldn't mind waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

ixoy wrote:
    Yup 61 in total. I struggled to get them all near the end because they were out of print. I bid above the odds on ebay for the likes of "Lungbarrow" for example, which revealed who The Other was, how he related to the Doctor, and a good bit about the Doctor's family (I saw it go for up to £150 on ebay). I even got one copy off one of the authors in my plight.
    If you're bothered, some of these novels, including "Lungbarrow" are now available to readonline at BBC's Doctor Who site.

I also managed to secure all the Virgin MAs (33) and most of the Bernice spin-off novels (bar the last two which I may purchase for exorbant prices on Amazon).

I've now moved on to the BBC EDAs - the series of original novels that pick off after the failed telemovie. There's 73 of those - I've about 6 to collect left - bought others but ain't read them all. I've about 20 of their PDAs. And then I've got about 100 or so of the Target novels.

As for the show, I've got about 95% of the series from Season 7 onwards (Pertwee) on videotape....

Anyone want to take me on as Board's #1 Doctor Who fan :D

Okay, I'll pick up that gauntlet...

I've got every single Target novelisation, NA/MA (bought at original prices at the time of publishing, even Lungbarrow :D ), BBC book, Telos Novella, etc. In fact just about every published piece of fiction featuring the Doctor from around the last 20 years or so, as well as dozens of factual/reference books.

I have every existing episode of the show on video or DVD, plus the recons and soundtrack CDs of the missing episodes, all of Big Finish's new DW audio stories (as well as one or two of their Doctor-less spin-offs) and my collection of Doctor Who Magazine stretches back to around 1984.

Anyone want to take me on as Ireland's #1 Doctor Who fan? ;)

Gavin W wrote:
    Okay, I'll pick up that gauntlet...

I've got every single Target novelisation, NA/MA (bought at original prices at the time of publishing, even Lungbarrow :D ), BBC book, Telos Novella, etc. In fact just about every published piece of fiction featuring the Doctor from around the last 20 years or so, as well as dozens of factual/reference books.

I have every existing episode of the show on video or DVD, plus the recons and soundtrack CDs of the missing episodes, all of Big Finish's new DW audio stories (as well as one or two of their Doctor-less spin-offs) and my collection of Doctor Who Magazine stretches back to around 1984.

Anyone want to take me on as Ireland's #1 Doctor Who fan? ;)
    Skaro on a stick! You win. Tell me where you live so I can side my Ogron assistants to steal your collection - I'm positively jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

ixoy wrote:
    Skaro on a stick! You win. Tell me where you live so I can side my Ogron assistants to steal your collection - I'm positively jealous!

Ah, but it's guarded by that big blobby orange monster they're terified of, so they'll have to get past him first! ;)

more to the point, we'd have a hard enough time finding your secret lair, cos all those damned quarries look the same :p;)

more to the point, we'd have a hard enough time finding your secret lair, cos all those damned quarries look the same :p;)
    Wasn't it in "The Hand of Fear" when they arrived in an actual quarry and taught they were on an alien planet :D

Check out the clips on the BBC site, its great alright.
    Whens it going to be on the telly anyway?

I see there is a Doctor Who night on BBC2 during the week, but its all crap stuff, why don't they show an episode or two, that'd be better.

I'm trying to book the big screen in the local community centre to watch the first episode of the new show, diggidy diggidy.

huh? what clips? there only seems to be those 10 second trailers on the bbc site...

• Advertisement

Yeah they are only small, but there's loads of ones from the old series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

ixoy wrote:

As for the show, I've got about 95% of the series from Season 7 onwards (Pertwee) on videotape....

Anyone want to take me on as Board's #1 Doctor Who fan :D

Ah....so not a fan of seasons 1 through 6....

Patrick Troughton is by far and away my my favorite Doctor, he always injected so much life and energy into the role without going over the top.

After that I am very fond of Colin Baker, some of his Big Finish Audios are fantastic. For anybody who hasn't listened to them can I recommend Jubliee (Written by Rob Shearman the writer of the Dalek episode this season)

Big Finish Audios are fantastic. For anybody who hasn't listened to them can I recommend Jubliee (Written by Rob Shearman the writer of the Dalek episode this season)

Are they radio dramas or novels read out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Radio Dramas with full casts. Have a look at www.doctorwho.co.uk

Advertisement