Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi to phone via email attachment?

Options
  • 21-02-2005 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

I bought a T630 today to replace my aging 3310, the choice of tones on the phone is pretty weak and I want something funky to make the phone my own.

On my old mobile I had the theme to the Chaos Engine, remember that old gem? Well on this new phone I want the elevator midi Muzak from System Shock (I’ve probably lost you at this point). I made an attempt to record it with the recording thing, but it just sounded crap.

Well I was wondering if I could send a midi email attachment to my phone and use it as my tone? Or do I have to go out and hunt down some pc - phone cable for some ostentatious price?

PS. I couldn't find the option for a custom avatar, is there one?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

well the T630 has bluetooth and you could try sending the tone from a computer to the fone via bluetooth?

on the avatar point look near the top of this page under 'Reply to thread' you should see user CP this is where you get the avatars ect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

mik_da_man wrote:
    on the avatar point look near the top of this page under 'Reply to thread' you should see user CP this is where you get the avatars ect

Yeah, but I dont see an option for uploading a custom avitar.

I dont fancy forking out for a bluetooth dongle for my pc. I could find someone with a Infrared enabled laptop, or bluetooth for that matter and use it to transfer stuff.

Anyone in DCU out there who'll let me borrow their laptop for a while. :D

Advertisement