Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Football 22/2 + 23/2 *scores*

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mossy Monk wrote:
    what was with the highlights of the Arsenal match on TV3

they must have lasted 6 minutes in total. poor show TV3

Poor show alright but how the feck did they get an interview with Benitez ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Big Ears wrote:
    Poor show alright but how the feck did they get an interview with Benitez ?

doubt its too difficult, georgrey porgey often interviews alex f after a united game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

robbie1876 wrote:
    Haha, Lehman's post match interview was a classic:

Interviewer - "So, do you think you were beaten by a good Bayern Munich team?"

Lehman - "Well, what do YOU think?"

Interviewer - "Eh....no, what do YOU think?"

Lehman - "Well I'm not answering you until you answer me..!"

:D

He's bonkers, gotta love him
    haha yeh that was brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Big Ears wrote:
    What footballer disguised themself as Raul Bravo tonight :eek: , he was immense !!! .I was disapointed in Zidane the way he dived quite a bit , but other than that he was his ussual exceptional self .
    Shout out to Gravesen too, full of running and drive even if he's not the most skillful or technical player. Gives Real a bit of backbone and edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

After last nights games, Real 6-1 favs to win the CL outright (in from 9-1 if I remember rightly) and Arsenal out to 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

real should never have gotten that freekick they scored from. fs, zizu dived and fairly obvious tbh.

juve beat them 3-1 two seasons ago on the return leg, so that one certainly is far from over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I know this is one day late but last right Arsenal were a disgrace. Defending pathetic, they were running around like headless chickens with no plan of attack at all. At least we have an outside chance with Kolo's goal but tbh looks like its the FA Cup or nothing this season !!!! Talk about coming off the rails, looks like they were on the wrong track in the first place. Who said a supporters lot is easy !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Liverpool the only English team to win out of the 4. Actually, the only one that didn't lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Just goes to prove how difficult it was for us to get through the group stages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Just goes to prove how difficult it was for us to get through the group stages
    very true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Anders frisk may have a fine haircut, but his decision to yellow card Drogba (2nd yellow) was very poor.

Chelsea could still do it - Barca really only started looking good once they had a man over.

Utd very poor. Roy Carroll and his mad ways making me very hopeful of a cash windfall from all the Utd fans in work who put their hearts before their heads. On current form, I would have had Utd to go furthest in Europe - looks know like it might be the pool? Check dis!
    I voted liverpool - easiest draw...

You can check out my uncanny predictions here....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224392&page=4&pp=20

:D

Barca 2- 1 chelsea.

drogba sent off, first yellow seemed harsh. aint seen the 2nd.

nice dive by deco there, not supirses. shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Tbf, while the sending off was crucial, Barca were absolutley outstanding in the second half and deserve credit for that. Maxi was excellent when he came on and Ronaldinho absolutley destroyed them with his passing, should have scored more in the end. I think they'll score in the Bridge, and that will more than likely be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I really despise that little cheat Deco, he deserved to be sent off for that blatant dive. I want Chelsea to destroy Barca at Stamford Bridge for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Latest odds for the Champions League from PaddyPower:

AC Milan 4 - 1
    Man United 16 - 1
    Barcelona 5 - 1
    Liverpool 16 - 1
    Real Madrid 13 - 2
    Arsenal 20 - 1
    Chelsea 9 - 1
    PSV Eindhoven 33 - 1
    Inter Milan 9 - 1
    Monaco 33 - 1
    Bayern Munich 10 - 1
    B Leverkusen 66 - 1
    Juventus 12 - 1
    Porto 66 - 1
    Lyon 12 - 1
    Werder Bremen 150 - 1

I wouldnt rule United out of it yet. Or Chelsea. Pool could be the dark horses of the CL at 16/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Lyon at 12-1 is a fantastic price, they're looking brilliant atm. I think they're the competitions top scorers and Juninho is a bit special.

Mind you, Juve at 12-1 is farically good odds :eek: They're easily capable of over turning that 1-0 deficit at home and, if they get back to their best, can bore anyone to defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I really despise that little cheat Deco, he deserved to be sent off for that blatant dive. I want Chelsea to destroy Barca at Stamford Bridge for it.

Mourinho taught him everything you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mourinho taught him everything you know

Ha ha ha! How true!

Now Moaninho know's how Celtic felt two years ago, and most of last year's Champions League clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Anyone think Liverpool will be the only English team to progress?

I just know Leverkusens goal is going to come back and haunt us when we lose 2-0 in Germany.

• Advertisement

were certainly in the best position to qualify. the goal could ruin us though.

leverkusan beat real 3-1 already this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

thats what has me worried. I cant see us going to Germany and not conceeding.

i cant see them not conceding either. should be a good one. an early goal for us would be great.

but if we concede early we could be ****d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what kind of odds would you have got on Monday for liverpool to be the only team to win this week in england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyone think Liverpool will be the only English team to progress?

Yes, as I thought when the draw was made.

Advertisement